Nixon - players wages are in the country

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Obviously it's not the easiest thing to transfer millions if pounds worth of Thai currency to the UK.

How have they been getting paid for the last 5 years then?

Or if the lack of income due to Covid is a factor, how were they getting paid from March to November? 

11 minutes ago, deano said:

fizz me I cant keep up today

I was thinking of going out for a walk, but it will take me all afternoon to catch-up on all the threads...nightmare....

Can someone do a pre team news summary, then we can debate the formation for the final hour.

15 minutes ago, cowl said:

Be very interested to know who Nixon's source is.

Very, very few people could possibly know this kind of information about the money.

I reckon its the stuffing guy he's playing it from all sides and nobody knows whats going on behind those sunglasses 😎

21 minutes ago, ANDY said:

what on earth does this mean? Their wages have been shipped in, in a bag for life?

do the club realise that usually professional footballers get paid into a bank account directly?  

I think someone at the club needs to leak some stuff to destabilise Chansiri 

Id imagine if there’s no reasonable explanation for the wages been late then we go under a transfer embargo , simple really 

The league will be aware

Just now, Gerinako said:

Be nice if Nixon did an investigative journalist piece on how badly the club is run rather than being a defensive parrot

That’s none of his interests is it really, he’s in the game to get the headlines and news before anyone else does , be that positive or negative 

He defends whatever his story’s are 

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just got a feeling Chansiri isn't going to give up without making a success of us. 

All the abuse is borderline idiotic.

He may one day strike lucky - either despite the way he runs things by stumbling on a good manager or learning lessons after huge levels of mismanagement. The latter doesn’t seem likely and the first is a long shot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's not his job though? Why would he do that?

It's what I'd hope any Journalist would do

Maybe my expectations are too high but he's too defensive when people point out how he's wrong and paints too rosy a picture of what's happening at the club

Edited by Gerinako

Just now, Gerinako said:

Maybe my expectations are too high but he's too defensive when people point out how he's wrong and paints too rosy a picture of what's happening at the club

Journalists aren't all investigative journalists though

That's not how it works

The other point is why would a national investigative journalist who's job it is to dig and unearth stuff in the world care about Sheffield Wednesday's story?

We're stuck in an inbetween area really so not expecting anything like this to happen

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Gerinako said:

Why on earth would Alan Nixon want to paint a rosy picture of what’s happening at the club ?   Ask yourself that question ! And why are you assuming the people who tell him he’s wrong have anymore of an idea than him ?

He’s defensive of his scoops because he’s confident in his sources !