Chansiri’s final coup de grace

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Plenty of clubs have experienced difficulties in paying wages in normal time, in these COVID times, it’s not surprising that clubs will encounter difficulties

Which clubs?? Havnt seen owt in the press about any other clubs not paying wages on time..

6 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Can I ask a thicko question. How does the process of going into Administration work? Is it DC that calls it? Or the people you owe money to if not paid? 

Would likely be HMRC, if we have cash flow issues then paying our taxes will no doubt be a struggle. We have no assets bar a few players under contract in a couple of months time. 

DC could do it himself to stop having to give refunds but that wouldn’t be very honourable would it 

• Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wilder had at both Utd and Northampton

What relevance does this have..?? You wer making out plenty of clubs are strugglin cus of covid etc

15 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I don't think the season ticket refund is coming.

I've as good as written mine off. I ain't getting it. Just wait until Chansiri has the brass neck to email me asking me to buy the early bird for next season. He can feck right off. 

Just now, Therealrealist said:

What relevance does this have..?? You wer making out plenty of clubs are strugglin cus of covid etc

No I was saying, it happens in normal times, but in these difficult times it’s more likely There was a report that some 20 clubs were in danger of going out of business. 

He now has a chance to redeem himself over the next 4 months to secure, as he says in the statement, our Championship status.

Hopefully his historic shocking decision making can only serve to give him some lessons learnt moments and convince him to do things different for the future, and take some time to bring in a leadership team including a coach/DoF to plan forward rather than holding on to some strange view of what constitutes success.

For his investment, the club's future and the fans sanity, please DC, start running the club like a proper set up, which we can all get behind.

19 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Some were already warning about him

even then.

I know I was!

It’s important that this is known and that there isn’t a narrative that everybody loved him from the off.

I was at one of the first meetings he had with any fans, about the box pricing fiasco, and there were major red flags even from that. He came across as one of the most stubborn men I’ve ever met. It had the feel of “this will either work or badly won’t” even then.

You can also trace much of what we are seeing today to right after that final whistle blew at Wembley. We made an absolute pigs ear out of any recruitment or strategy in the summer after Wembley and throughout Carlos’ second season. The mismanagement was well underway even by then.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

He now has a chance to redeem himself over the next 4 months to secure, as he says in the statement, our Championship status.

Hopefully his historic shocking decision making can only serve to give him some lessons learnt moments and convince him to do things different for the future, and take some time to bring in a leadership team including a coach/DoF to plan forward rather than holding on to some strange view of what constitutes success.

For his investment, the club's future and the fans sanity, please DC, start running the club like a proper set up, which we can all get behind.

It aint happening mate, if he can't see the mess he has made in 6 years then he never will.

Plenty have been begging him to do this for nearly 6 years.

• Like 1

The thing is, it shouldn't be difficult.

Appoint the right football people, including executive staff and management to protect the owner's investment by implementing a clear strategy.

Or, micro manage everything yourself from half way round the world, allowing a failed agent free reign of the club, making decisions on a whim with no control, strategy or oversight.

28 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What will it be?

Administration, League One or both?

He is without doubt the worst owner the club has ever had. Our only hope for our 153 year history is that he doesn’t prove fatal.

For me personally, that’s me done. I’ll not be putting a single penny into this club whilst he’s still in charge. Our only hope is to force him out of here.

Difficult - as we know finding another rich lunatic that’s willing to lose millions on a football club is not easy. But it’s our only chance.

I know Pulis split the fan base, but regardless of your thoughts on him, the connotations for this latest move are truly scary.

There is no way that if Pulis had been backed in January with four or five of his own signings that we’d have gone down. That just doesn’t happen with a Pulis/Warnock/McCarthy/Bruce type in charge - no way!

We now have no FFP issues, we are back to being able to lose £13m per year with what must be a greatly reduced wage bill. Don’t be kidded in this regard!

Wages not being paid, finance secured against the ground, mad 1867 schemes to try and raise cash, everybody still waiting for season ticket refunds  - Chansiri doesn’t have the money!

This will be worse than those pre-Mandaric days. We no longer own our ground, we owe tens of millions to a mental megalomaniac and our losses are still substantial.

Make no mistake, this guy needs driving from the football club ASAP.

One hundred per cent spot on mate in a clear and concise way. I fear for the Club that I have belonged to since my first game in 1963 but alas I feel that the Club doesn't even begin to understand how we the fans feel. Do they not,like us, think of Sheffield Wednesday before they sleep and when they wake as we do. Do they not see that thousands of loyal Wednesday fans have arranged holidays,marriages and other lifetime events around the fixture list so we can support OUR side. Chansiri does not see us as fans but merely a commodity to gratify an ego that's going nowhere. We are in the depths of despair at the moment but the saving grace us that we,the fans,are Sheffield Wednesday first and foremost,we always have been and we always will be. 

That's what puts us apart from those who don't share or understand our values.