Next manager odds

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I agree.

I think once we start losing, then we'll be in a Bullen scenario.

We'll be dead and buried.

I would just bring Cook In, he has the experience we need, he plays a good brand of football and very rarely leaves a football club in a worse position than he took over.

He has good scouts in the lower leagues and for me the right man for our job, he will be managing higher in a few years but like Wilder and Warnock etc will have to take the team their because manager like him in the EPL are not favoured as much as the big name foreigners are.

Ticks all the boxes of what we need now, but also need to improve and start the club moving forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would just bring Cook In, he has the experience we need, he plays a good brand of football and very rarely leaves a football club in a worse position than he took over.

He has good scouts in the lower leagues and for me the right man for our job, he will be managing higher in a few years but like Wilder and Warnock etc will have to take the team their because manager like him in the EPL are not favoured as much as the big name foreigners are.

Ticks all the boxes of what we need now, but also need to improve and start the club moving forward.

Yes, Cook's the obvious choice.

We need a safe pair of hands, and he fits the bill.

Plus he wants the job, and there's no compensation to pay.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Also, the right man to get us back up from League 1 at the end of next season.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

whats going to be first, new manager or the 'nearly ready'  accounts being submitted? 

I think the first thing will be the transfer window closing, the end of the season, hell freezing over, DC making a decision about which flavour ice-cream to have, then back tracking and blaming his advisors when he wanted chocolate but asked for raspberry. :duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Has anyone been counting how many different favourites there have been?

I think there’s been 7 if you count when Cowley was joint favourite with Poyet for a day or so? Surprised Thompson has not been favourite yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I WANT ROY KEANE!

BE A REYT LAUGH.......KEEP US UP AND HIM V WILDER NEXT SEASON....

HE WOULD MURDER HIM!

The problem for me isn't Keane, it's us.

The man's a perfectionist, and we're a shambles.

He kicked off about Ireland's set-up, so God knows what he'd make of this chaos.

roy-keane_1747788c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Keane would be a disastrous appointment, like Pulis, Monk and Jos were. His outspokeness and temperament would clash with our stubborn owner and our squad. Plus he was a very good player but a poor coach. 

Mind you, he's one manager Ferguson won't be able to talk out of taking the job.

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem for me isn't Keane, it's us.

The man's a perfectionist, and we're a shambles.

He kicked off about Ireland's set-up, so God knows what he'd make of this chaos.

roy-keane_1747788c.png

A perfectionist in all but managerial results it seems . 
would be a nightmare manager .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

got a promotion and no relegation on the CV

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

His record is nowhere near a disaster, did well at Sunderland but his promotion there is nearly 15 years ago now.
But yes he wouldn't be a good fit at all for Wednesday.
Unless things are done differently off the field I am not sure who would be a good fit though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I agree. Although I think for one (Alonso) it is more about protecting the club with the best possible appointment. Still not quite sure what his actual involvement in the club is. I'm hoping he is acting on behalf of someone else who is looking to either buy or invest in.

Your last sentence could be true?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1