Next manager odds

In fairness its a hard decision, its a risk to get a new guy who may take time to get to grips with the squad.

And its a risk to leave it with Thommo as he may knot have the know how to overturn a dip in form.

I'd certainly keep NT over some of the names linked, as its less upheaval.

A decision should have been made by now tho, there's no way after 4 weeks he's still undecided.

He's either waiting to see how it pans out with Thommo or there is nobody that takes his fancy at the min.

I’ll add this, a new manager is very unlikely to come in and have any sway over players coming in the last week of transfer window. More than likely targets will be sourced and attained already with or without a new manager, so from this point of view it’s not imperative we get a guy in this week.
Some massive games coming up though and we really need a good points total from them. Whichever way DC goes it’s a gamble that needs to pay off.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Because of that one tweet by Biggs Thompson’s odds have massively dropped. 

Same as when Carlton Palmer suggested 2 weeks ago that Thompson was going to get it, he went into 5/2.

I’m glad I got him at 8/1 earlier today as I always thought his price would drop in the next few days. Got 3 other bets on him at 12/1, 14/1 and 12/1 earlier in the piece.

The value in the market has always been with Thompson though Keane is a real wildcard though.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I’m glad I got him at 8/1 earlier today as I always thought his price would drop in the next few days. Got 3 other bets on him at 12/1, 14/1 and 12/1 earlier in the piece.

Can't see it, would have been given it by now...unless you are hoping for default win..10 games, think he has 6 left..

44 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Biggs hinting that it will be Thompson for the foreseeable. Would people be happy with that rather that than a knee jerk let’s just get anybody in for the sake of it?

That's probably because nobody can tolerate Chansiri ... He's had more knockbacks than I had in Steeley's :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Same as when Carlton Palmer suggested 2 weeks ago that Thompson was going to get it, he went into 5/2.

The value in the market has always been with Thompson though Keane is a real wildcard though.

well played. Completely agree with you. Think the sensible bet has always been on Thompson, mainly because with the absolute mess we are in and the terrible publicity the club has had I think Chansiri would struggle to persuade anyone half decent to come. 

• Like 1

In earlier post I said market had stagnated. Bookies have responded b shortening Keanes odds and getting some to back him thinking it will happen. In reality it is another like Joey Barton just to try and get a few to put a few quid on him.

It is beyond belief that Chansiri would appoint him. He is probably a motivator but tactically inept from comments he makes whilst pundit. Would not last long with DC and get your money on for relegation. 

They have finally realised Ivic is non starter and price is drifting.

Will keep Thomson in post as caretaker until bad result. Then panic will set in.

If ever a club had no strategy and was drifting aimlessly the last couple of months has proved this without shadow of doubt.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Can't see it, would have been given it by now...unless you are hoping for default win..10 games, think he has 6 left..

The default win is one of the reasons that the value has always been with Thompson.

If it is Thompson do we think Chansiri announces it or just keeps quiet and let’s things tick along? That way there is no face lost then if things go sour and he has to get an experienced hand in, he can just claim he was waiting for the right man.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So many players out of contract at the end of the season and a big rebuild needed again. We need someone to at least have a say on the players to stay etc. Is Thompson the man to oversee a rebuild on the playing side? 

Probably not but i think it would be naive at best to expect the next guy to have much input in rebuilds given the club’s current set up.

I think the bigger gamble is to give it Thompson given the situation we are in. We need someone who has experience of a relegation battle and also of plying a system that suits the players. 

Cook was the obvious choice but if we wanted him, he’d be appointed already. Heaven knows what’s taking so long. 

DC probably waiting for AVB to get sacked so he can chase him around Dakar trying to offer him the job again. 

• Haha 1

Both Keane, and Thompson would be the wrong appointments, for different reasons 

If I had to choose, it’d probably be Thompson 

Both would struggle to keep us up, but at least Thompson has a better idea of what needs doing Either appointment would suggest that we probably aren’t going to recruit the type of players who might give us a fighting chance of staying up