Next manager odds

Ivic out to 5/4 now, with Keane at 11/4. It could happen and personally it wouldn’t bother me. He knows his stuff and he may we’ll have learned from his Ipswich days. His Sunderland side played good stuff. Mind you, what do Sky know -  still got McCarthy at 25-1. Have Cardiff already sacked him??

Edited by Devonstrix

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Ivic out to 5/4 now, with Keane at 11/4. It could happen and personally it wouldn’t bother me. He knows his stuff and he may we’ll have learned from his Ipswich days. His Sunderland side played good stuff. Mind you, what do Sky know -  still got McCarthy at 25-1. Have Cardiff already sacked him??

Knows his stuff, have you heard him as a pundit? Talk about stuck in the past

As a club Wednesday are in a comatose state...the only chance to bring around the patient is emergency treatment with an appointment like Keane.

It could go either way, but unless we want to spend the next 20 years just visiting the patient once a fortnight and slowly watching the clock until the 2 hours visiting time is up, then it is a risk that has to be taken.

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Would Keane, given the opportunity of  sitting in a nice warm studio watching Premier league football or taking on Chansiri's Sheffield Wednesday and all the hassle that would involve, take us on? 

In a studio he can get it wrong and it doesn't matter. 

Not a chance he would come to S6. 

He wants to get back into football though.

I think a lot of people oversell punditry work. Most ex players hate doing it, but it pays the bills 

Most would much rather be in a dressing room 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Keane is probably desperate to get back into the game and a club like Wednesday are his best bet unless he starts at a lower level, which his ego probably won’t allow. Why is he any less likely to do well than Wayne Rooney ffs. 

Because Keane is a fruit cake.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Who would yo go for ?

Think Cook, Fink and Jokanović are a better fit and realistic given 2 have expressed an interest and Jokanović has previously accepted roles in Thailand, Bulgaria and Qatar where the standard is lower than bottom half of the championship. Would also prefer Pearson based on his achievements and affinity with the club but don’t think that is realistic. I’d also take a punt on Lowe over Ivic and Keane based on the start of his career, his playing style, charisma and affinity with the club. Lowe would be a big risk given Plymouth’s form in Lg1 and his experience. 

Keane.... Seriously talk sense he's proven he's no manager. Just another stupid choice linked.... Chansiri needed to pull his finger out I sick if being linked with all these never beens and never will he's 

It's hugely important we get the best we can not just to stay up but if this one doesn't do really well then it definitely will need to be new owners.. Chansiri needs to ignore Paxo if it's true he's had a hand in the previous managerial choices!

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Why would it mean that ?

In that he would be appointing a manager with little or no relevant management experience merely because he’s cheap and in situ. He may be a brilliant coach and person I have to admit  I know next to nothing about him , it smacks of desperation and would be the biggest of gambles when staying in this division is so critical.