Next manager odds

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

We'll see, my feeling is Thompson will get it temporary or short term, then eventually we'll get a foreign coach, dunno about the permits but it's a good point. Perhaps that's the thinking behind letting Thompson stay in charge, until we find the right man that also meets the work permit requirements or something? 

If results ok Thomson will probably get job. Just can not see foreign coach happening not just with work permits but with travel restrictions we currently have in place. Going abroad at moment is tricky and situation not quickly going to improve. Travel Agents have been warned this is situation. Is a manager going to go to a job where he can not return home to see family?

1 minute ago, Quist said:

If results ok Thomson will probably get job. Just can not see foreign coach happening not just with work permits but with travel restrictions we currently have in place. Going abroad at moment is tricky and situation not quickly going to improve. Travel Agents have been warned this is situation. Is a manager going to go to a job where he can not return home to see family?

That could be a point in Ivic's favour, it was reported his family are still in UK with him.

• Like 1

All reasonable concerns. Could explain the wait in a sense and could see us stick with Thompson for a while or hire someone short term like Cardiff? What's to say we can't hire a foreign coach already over here or wait for one that's previous experience of coaching/managing over here? Might we be able to wait a few months or however long until restrictions or requirements permitting? 

Just now, Hookowl said:

That could be a point in Ivic's favour, it was reported his family are still in UK with him.

Living in Hertfordshire..

Will be announced before Monday's out.

Work permits will not be a problem for most..may be a small delay thats all.

• Like 1

Thompson comes across as a great bloke, really down to earth and nice. I just don’t think he has what it takes to be a manager, especially when things go wrong, I think if he did he would have been a manager before now and not had his last job in 2004. We need to start building long term now, not just until the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Rafa Benitez odds coming down to 4/1 now

I can't see us even being on his radar. I hope we are, I wouldn't even care if we went down, we'd have a great chance of coming straight back up.

20 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Living in Hertfordshire..

Will be announced before Monday's out.

Work permits will not be a problem for most..may be a small delay thats all.

That would be a real kick in the balls. Ivic is not what we need, a complete waste of time. 

29 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

But if he has been offered job, hesitating will not improve situation. You would think if wanted job would be eager to move in and make a start.

• Like 1

Think there’s some very narrow minded and naive views on Thompson’s ability to manage and a match day and coach this team 

Thompson has spent years in the dugout he’s no apprentice to what he’s doing 

managers make the overlining decisions on most footballing matters but anybody who watches football will see the coaches on the sidelines are the ones making the notes and feeding the managers they will also be heavily involved in sometimes in control of planning training and match day tactics 

in a lot of sense the manager is the spokes man and the one who carries the responsibility of the team

why do people think managers or head coaches bring in their own back room staff 

We can do a lot worse if we are looking for a coach than appointing Thompson 

if our recruitment team is briefed to select and bring players in for the squad and they are looking at certain players to play a certain way and our coach is briefed to coach these players and play certain way then could it be we already have the right people driving the chairman’s philosophy 

thing is for many he just won’t be popular enough which is just crazy 

he’s done nothing wrong so far apart from turning our results into more positive ones 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would love an ambitious Bielsa type appointment, such as someone like Rafa or Jokanovic

I would agree with Rafa think Jonkanovic has been some what lucky. Was in two well funded positions when promoted. Much different doing it on a budget. Limitations exposed at PL level.

But if he has been offered job, hesitating will not improve situation. You would think if wanted job would be eager to move in and make a start.

Maybe he had to renew work permit..maybe he said no, not on them terms. Maybe chansiri got back to him with new offer...take it or leave it.. need to know by....

Though if me, I wouldn't offer it anyone who dallied...