Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

My point is that as a Championship club there may be someone out there who is prepared to offer a small sum for SWFC but in League One why would they bother?  Might just as well wait until the club is put into Administration.

In which Country would this imaginary Administration happen.? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


throw Carlos to Jos in there as well. 

Thought you was on about monk to pulis..it was what you said after all.

Soz, I'm unable to multi-task when you switch from one point to a different one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Club is already worthless.


Most businesses are usually valued at either-

1- Net Asset Value (don’t own stadium, no saleable players. Is there any goodwill left in the brand?!); or

2- Discounted future cash flows (will it ever make a profit?!); or

3- A multiple of it’s current/forecast profits...

 

Value destruction by DC is beyond belief!

 

Yet there are posters on here that think should DC decide to pull out, we'd have no trouble selling at a substantial price even in the current climate. Unbelievable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yet there are posters on here that think should DC decide to pull out, we'd have no trouble selling at a substantial price even in the current climate. Unbelievable.

The same ones who name multimillion £ transfer targets. Who would want us losing £20000000 a year and don't even own our stadium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos and Bruce have been the only decent appointments/decisions DC's made. Jos, Monk and Pulis have been disasters. Got close with Carlos, we were unfortunate to lose Bruce. Hard to say whether a foreign coach is what we need or another British coach, difficult to choose. On paper Pulis seemed a sensible choice like Bruce, given his past record. Thought he'd do much better than he did. But like Jos and Monk, he didn't seem the right fit, unlike Carlos and Bruce.

 

Picking and appointing the right man in reality is a lot harder, than it seems to us, to be fair. Though that, along with listening to poor advice, doesn't excuse DC's poor decisions, schemes and mistakes. Things need to improve off the pitch as well as on it for us to stabilise and kick on. 

 

Perhaps the squad will be best off keeping Thompson for a while longer or at least until we can get a decent foreign coach. I'd still say a foreign coach with some decent experience of coaching over here would be the most sensible choice, regardless of how long we stick with Thompson for, seems risky to stick with Thompson but so far he's handled it well. Hopefully we get the right man this time, whoever that might be, Thompson or whomever.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Carlos and Bruce have been the only decent appointments/decisions DC's made. Jos, Monk and Pulis have been disasters. Got close with Carlos, we were unfortunate to lose Bruce. Hard to say whether a foreign coach is what we need or another British coach, difficult to choose. On paper Pulis seemed a sensible choice like Bruce, given his past record. Thought he'd do much better than he did. But like Jos and Monk, he didn't seem the right fit, unlike Carlos and Bruce.

 

Picking and appointing the right man in reality is a lot harder, than it seems to us, to be fair. Though that, along with listening to poor advice, doesn't excuse DC's poor decisions, schemes and mistakes. Things need to improve off the pitch as well as on it for us to stabilise and kick on. 

 

Perhaps the squad will be best off keeping Thompson for a while longer or at least until we can get a decent foreign coach. I'd still say a foreign coach with some decent experience of coaching over here would be the most sensible choice, regardless of how long we stick with Thompson for, seems risky to stick with Thompson but so far he's handled it well. Hopefully we get the right man this time, whoever that might be, Thompson or whomever.  

Barnsley seem to manage alright with their choice of coaches. Shows what a decent team of advisors can do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Thought you was on about monk to pulis..it was what you said after all.

Soz, I'm unable to multi-task when you switch from one point to a different one.


we where talking about improvements from the previous managers. It hasn’t always been the case. Keep up old boy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Oh right..

Will try to mind read in the future..


or perhaps read the thread properly? I was replying to another poster that said since Carlos was sacked we have improved manager every time. 
 

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Everyone one since Carlos season two have been

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would it be past Chansiri to delay naming a new manager until after the transfer Window has closed so he can’t ask him for new players? 

 

No, wouldn't put it past him at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:


or perhaps read the thread properly? I was replying to another poster that said since Carlos was sacked we have improved manager every time. 
 

 

Oh dear...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Carlos and Bruce have been the only decent

Bruce's record is more or less the same as Bullens here, similar amount of games each. Yet bruce is a near super hero according to some.

Bruce will be back on the list soon.. that's why he has had 650 jobs in the past 15yrs.

We have not had a good manager at all..including CC in fact CC was amongst the worse ever. Completey foooked up not one but two good chances. The chances he had was down to the players brought in for him..and he made a bollloxe of it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...