Next manager odds

54 minutes ago, Quist said:

Ivic price is now drifting. Cook hanging in at second favourite.

Actually think he will stick with Thomson until we get thumped and will then go into panic mode and window will be closed and areas of concern will not be addressed. 

Not like we have gone down the route of an internal caretaker manager before, then panicked when results start to tank.... So no worries that we won't have learned from that

• Like 1

Another day, more silence. 

Maybe someone should tell Chansiri we've got a game this weekend, then pretty much games Saturday/midweek until April.

Not giving a manager any time on the training ground (unless he's chosen Thompson)....so not sure what impact he's expecting from a manager to have on a team drilled to play negatively and defend in numbers for the past 3 years. 

New manager named within 24hrs after Everton game..so my never wrong mole says..

He knows it's between 2..can't make their mind up between em but will make a decision as said..

Btw I don't know which two it is..won't say..I will give him indian burn later...

I think one is Ivic...but so far haven't been able to persuade him to take it, may have given him a few days to think about it...his if he wants it...looks like being 2nd choice now though..

So to me it looks like he's got until Saturday..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

New manager named within 24hrs after Everton game..so my never wrong mole says..

He knows it's between 2..can't make their mind up between em but will make a decision as said..

Btw I don't know which two it is..won't say..I will give him indian burn later...

I think one is Ivic...but so far haven't been able to persuade him to take it, may have given him a few days to think about it...his if he wants it...looks like being 2nd choice now though..

I hope it is true what you are saying. However Ivic from what I understand was offered job no later than 3rd January. Therefore if he is that unsure answer speaks for itself. Obviously not keen. Therefore second choice coming up and we will know our fate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Let's hope we don't try too hard to persuade Ivic. Not the right manager, temperament or style and would be a waste of time appointment.

If he's the best we can come up with after a month long (almost) recruitment process, then I despair.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Ivic price is now drifting. Cook hanging in at second favourite.

Actually think he will stick with Thomson until we get thumped and will then go into panic mode and window will be closed and areas of concern will not be addressed. 

If he’s going to give it Thompson until the end of the season. Do it now. I wouldn’t be completely opposed to it.

But yes like you said that scenario would just be typical of the club. Always reacting to situations rather than being proactive. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Doubt it !! But I hope your right 

1 minute ago, striker said:

If he's the best we can come up with after a month long (almost) recruitment process, then I despair.

I'm kinda glad for the mini good run..not just for obvious reasons, but if we had lost a few....panic stations manager inbound.

I think now it's beyond reasonable doubt the manager gets little say in recruitment..so the transfer window makes no difference, the 'advisers' will deal with that...whatever.

So there wasn't  any immediate rush to get someone in asap.

Hopefully the next guy will succeed and if so...just maybe he will be given a main say regards recruitment in the summer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

he’s going to give it Thompson until the end of the season. Do it now. I wouldn’t be completely opposed to it.

I suppose because you ain't completely opposed to it, he will prob call a press conference at 5 and give it Thomson.

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I'm kinda glad for the mini good run..not just for obvious reasons, but if we had lost a few....panic stations manager inbound.

I think now it's beyond reasonable doubt the manager gets little say in recruitment..so the transfer window makes no difference, the 'advisers' will deal with that...whatever.

So there wasn't  any immediate rush to get someone in asap.

Hopefully the next guy will succeed and if so...just maybe he will be given a main say regards recruitment in the summer.

The manager does have a say in the recruitment for sure. 

Kachunga and Brown confirmed in their interviews when signing. Hughes on Monk’s coaching team gave them a call. 

Odubajo also confirmed it was him who contacted Bruce to join the club and Bruce sorted it out. He says so on the podcast he did recently.

Also it was quite clear we recruited in the summer for Monk’s wing back formation, hence why we didn’t sign a left back. And why we signed two centre half’s when we already had four at the club. 

The question is whether the manager ever gets their number one targets. Carlos said this was very much the case when he was manager - the club struggled to get through the players he actually wanted. This could be down to finance, negotiating skills or other reasons which have been speculated on this forum for quite some time. 

For example in the summer it was quite clear we wanted Zohore as the big target man. Pulis alluded to the fact when you don’t get your number one priority, you have to settle for second best and they sometimes don’t fit the system. That’s why we probably ended up panicking and signing Marriott on loan on deadline day. He clearly, in my opinion, doesn’t have the attributes we need in a striker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Thanks, maybe this will be true haha, I hope so. I was thinking the same that it would be around the Everton match too, kinda like what happened with Jos. Everton away would probably be a bad game to start with, but if the training ground is fully open/most players are available this week, it would only give him 2 days for the Coventry match.

Also I've been bored on here and was looking at the managers on the odds here: https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday and found a German guy (at 33/1) called André Breitenreiter: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Breitenreiter He's 47 and played in the Bundesliga and 2. for clubs such as Hannover 96, Hamburger SV, and VfL Wolfsburg etc. Got SC Paderborn promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history. Managed Schalke in the Bundesliga. Got Hannover 96 promoted too, joining after Daniel Stendel (Barnsley) was sacked in March 2017, but André hasn't managed since the 27th of January 2019 (nearly 2 years now.) His record is 4 clubs (2011-19) M 230, W 95, D 53, L 82, W% 41.30. I haven't seen him mentioned really, even on here. Only found this from the Examiner (from 1 week ago): https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-next-manager-chansiri-19598477 It says he is one of the foreign coaches thought to be under consideration by us along with Jémez, Ivić and Weiler. Anyway back to André: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-breitenreiter/profil/trainer/17465 PPM at TSV Havelse 1.68, SC Paderborn 1.35, Schalke 1.59, Hannover 96 1.17. It says his preferred formation is 5-3-2, but has used varied 3/5 at the back formations, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 a lot. Also from this it says instead M 265 W 107, D 63, L 95, GF 398, GA 377, P 384, PPM 1.45. He sounds kinda like Jos, does any German football followers know him/anything else?                                

Edited by Incognito Owl

11 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thanks, maybe this will be true haha, I hope so. I was thinking the same that it would be around the Everton match too, kinda like what happened with Jos. Everton away would probably be a bad game to start with, but if the training ground is fully open/most players are available this week, it would only give him 2 days for the Coventry match.

Also I've been bored on here and was looking at the managers on the odds here: https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday and found a German guy (at 33/1) called André Breitenreiter: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Breitenreiter He's 47 and played in the Bundesliga and 2. for clubs such as Hannover 96, Hamburger SV, and VfL Wolfsburg etc. Got SC Paderborn promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history. Managed Schalke in the Bundesliga. Got Hannover 96 promoted too, joining after Daniel Stendel (Barnsley) was sacked in March 2017, but André hasn't managed since the 27th of January 2019 (nearly 2 years now.) His record is 4 clubs (2011-19) M 230, W 95, D 53, L 82, W% 41.30. I haven't seen him mentioned really, even on here. Only found this from the Examiner (from 1 week ago): https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-next-manager-chansiri-19598477 It says he is one of the foreign coaches thought to be under consideration by us along with Jémez, Ivić and Weiler. Anyway back to André: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-breitenreiter/profil/trainer/17465 PPM at TSV Havelse 1.68, SC Paderborn 1.35, Schalke 1.59, Hannover 96 1.17. It says his preferred formation is 5-3-2, but has used varied 3/5 at the back formations, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 a lot. Also from this it says instead M 265 W 107, D 63, L 95, GF 398, GA 377, P 384, PPM 1.45. He sounds kinda like Jos, does any German football followers know him/anything else?                                

Interesting, i haven't seen Andre pop up anywhere before, i must have missed that article as well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but that was reported on the Daily Mail as well.

Hope you're not accusing the Mail of being inaccurate with their reporting.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Richmond Owl said:

Interesting, i haven't seen Andre pop up anywhere before, i must have missed that article as well.

Yeah he's gone under the radar and has kinda been linked too. I think I've seen him mentioned on here. Someone will probably put some money on him now and he'll shoot up in the odds haha. 

7 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah he's gone under the radar and has kinda been linked too. I think I've seen him mentioned on here. Someone will probably put some money on him now and he'll shoot up in the odds haha. 

Haha definitely, i found a article about his tactics just before he joined Shalke http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/15/tactical-philosophy-andre-breitenreiter/

Interestingly he's managed Katchunga and seemed to get a good return from him as he's talked up in the article.

• Love 1