Next manager odds

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

Strongest substance I’m on at the moment is Coffee 🤪

TBH I don’t particularly care anymore. If Cook gets it, he’s no more likely to succeed or fail than anyone else? I’m just fed up with the same old sh!t merry-go-round appointments and I’d like to see us try something different?

If you want a safe appointment then Thompson’s the man. Know’s the club, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the players particularly the younger ones as we already have seen with Shaw’s form since TP’s departure plus he hasn’t got an immediate issue with arguably our best forward?

Thompson is okbut he needs help. We are very short of coaches and only Thompson has any real sort of managerial experience. Haslam and Bullen experience has come just at Wednesday. Think Haslam and Holdsworth are ok coaches but we are very thin. Also DC needs some sort of safety net if he sacked Thompson where would that leave us. Just need experienced managerial head in through door to complement what we have. Think Cook and Thompson would be good combination.

33 minutes ago, Richmond Owl said:

Who knows. I think hes a tad out of reach at the moment.

He said he wants to see out his current role until the end of the season (April).

Whether we could tempt him with money who knows..

In circumstances I doubt it. The contract is only being offered to end of season (May). As indicated previously it is extremely doubtful any competent manager from abroad will come for such a deal. Cook has hinted he would accept such a deal which surprised me and we would be lucky to get a manager with his record on such a deal. This has been said by numerous pundits who feel thathe is best EFL manager currently available.

In the current circumstances I find it absolutely unbelievable that a decision has not been made. 

• Like 2

Think we've been round the houses enough now on this manager search for a coach, wasted most of the the transfer window....time for Chansiri to appoint Cook, see out the season in lower mid table then Chansiri can sell the club in the summer and fizz off.

14 minutes ago, Quist said:

Thompson is okbut he needs help. We are very short of coaches and only Thompson has any real sort of managerial experience. Haslam and Bullen experience has come just at Wednesday. Think Haslam and Holdsworth are ok coaches but we are very thin. Also DC needs some sort of safety net if he sacked Thompson where would that leave us. Just need experienced managerial head in through door to complement what we have. Think Cook and Thompson would be good combination.

What about the rumours that DC is looking to sell up and this may be a reason for the short term contract that is on offer? I can’t see many jumping into a relegation battle on a short term contract. Longer this drags on then Thompson doesn’t just look the more likely appointment, he looks like only option available?

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

What about the rumours that DC is looking to sell up and this may be a reason for the short term contract that is on offer? I can’t see many jumping into a relegation battle on a short term contract. Longer this drags on then Thompson doesn’t just look the more likely appointment, he looks like only option available?

Who would buy the club? We are not a bed of roses. Training ground and stadium both need substantial money. Probably new one of both required to put club on stable footing. 

Unless DC writes off over £150 million not going to happen.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby

Nixon now tweeting that our 2 advisors / footy agents want their candidates as new manager. Pure greed.

Also saying, however, that there are bigger issues at club. 

Not sure if he means cash flow or- hopefully - new players.

51 minutes ago, Quist said:

Who would buy the club? We are not a bed of roses. Training ground and stadium both need substantial money. Probably new one of both required to put club on stable footing. 

Unless DC writes off over £150 million not going to happen.

His alternative is throw more money at the problem. Football clubs are a money pit. If you want to become a millionaire football club owner you had better start as a billionaire.

Any sensible person would go down the slow and steady progress route. Buy, sell for a profit, good scouts, sort the training out. All the simple stuff that takes a few years to pay off. That's what DC should do now he's found chucking money at it doesn't work. If he would learn that we would be on our way but he doesn't seem to want to learn, he'd rather listen to advisors who may be more interested in their own interests than his.

One day all this will be over.

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Nixon suggesting that the two advisors are creating issues in manager search. Who would’ve thought that two blokes looking after their own interests wouldn’t be on the same page.....shambles.

Advisors looking after their own interests is what got us in the mess we are in now. 

Utter shieteshow 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Advisors looking after their own interests is what got us in the mess we are in now. 

Utter shieteshow 

It’s absolutely crazy to have two separate advisers doing different recruitment drives. Where is the joined up thinking? Why are we not working together to appoint the right man FOR Sheffield Wednesday? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Nixon now tweeting that our 2 advisors / footy agents want their candidates as new manager. Pure greed.

Also saying, however, that there are bigger issues at club. 

Not sure if he means cash flow or- hopefully - new players.

Yet Chansiri has created this circus.