Next manager odds

Fancy coming back till the end of the season ?................

By the way........want a solid gold rolex ?.........yours for £10

Joss.jpg.7cfd1167b1f812a05d43d7431975742e.jpg

Manager......manager...who needs a manager........we just had a team talk with the players.

They know what is expected of them.

teamtalk.jpg.70dff8a03a95a64a0687a2cd55eb2628.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, owlsite said:

Surely, nothing to lose by appointing a man who appears to want the job, knows the score with Chansiri,  has managed in the division before and, on the face of it, would also be good for League 1 if we go down.

You talk too much sense, I see you are new to this site.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Quist said:

It is a poor situation and to my mind only way out is a good manager who is not tied into advisor factions and given head to do things his way. Think squad is better than you indicate but it has some glaring emissions. The only glimmer of hope I saw is that our old advisor is not making all the decisions. 

I was trying to set out recruitment process and state of play as I see it I was not condoning the ridiculous stance of a head coach and switch to attacking football. We do not have players to do that and some one is desperately needed to hone recruitment and develop a strategic direction. 

FB_IMG_1610564319043.jpg.f4c8ed3740ce5f23c2f716e0c0fb73fa.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, owls-swfc said:

X Pro footballer and England manger Glenn Hoddle is available now he's been voted off  "The Masked Singer".......... 

First one I’ve guessed right this series. The clues about Maradona and Swindon were a give away 

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

His record at Benfica was good ? 51 wins and 13 losses. Wouldn’t really say poor.

Ised to work in Portugal and  know group of Benfica fan and very unhappy with him equalled worst losing run in history of club. He set off well with team he inherited and ruined it 

Benfica rarely lose matches in Portugal. It was not good. But would not get work permit so pointless discussion. Rules are rigid have to have been in charge for 24 games at one club or for 36 months both in last 3 years. Which he has not thank goodness.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

FWIW due to these uncertain times I can’t see this work permit criteria being as closely followed now as it might be sometime in the future?

I take your point about Seedorf’s managerial career so far but it might click for him somewhere and that somewhere might be here plus I don’t think he’d have a problem with the short term contract that is currently on offer?

Thing is the fans want Cook. Cook knows this and is playing the Pied Piper with it and the Chairman is understandably cautious about appointing him?

If we were in League 1, I could understand the clamour for him. His success is in the lower divisions. His record in the championship is mixed to say the least. Could Cook build a promotion winning side at this level? Maybe, maybe not? It’s one thing getting success on a budget in Leagues 1& 2. It’s a totally different kettle of fish doing the same at championship level?

If you think Seedorf would click here you have to be on strong substance. Cook has done well in this league good manager read about him I was ok with him but more I have read he is way ahead of shower of names presented and he wants the job. Issue is some of advisor types not keen as they will not get way which makes it more important he gets job.

The rules for work permits are rigidly set at moment with specific requirements. This is to give young British managers a chance instead of giving opportunities to many foreign coaches who fare no better and often a lot worse when presented with difficult tasks. Success of foreign coaches is because a lot of well funded clubs have given foreign coaches the chance and and have picked those at top of tree in world game. If they are relaxed it will be well down the line. With constraints of Covid I think bringing individuals from abroad is even more difficult at this time with virtually a travel ban in place. You have to have negative test and then isolate for 10 days when get here. It looks to be completely unrealistic to appoint some one from abroad at this time and these restrictions will stay until March at least. 

Somebody earlier on in the thread mentioned Jokanovic wanting to get back into English management.

It may be a unrealistic appointment, but i think it would be a very good one.

I think the fans could get behind it, he plays a pressing and easy on the eye style, has a few championship promotions, he also could work in our set up as i believe he didn't have much input in transfers at watford and Fulham.

The only worry would be a potentially drastic style change which may not help in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richmond Owl said:

Somebody earlier on in the thread mentioned Jokanovic wanting to get back into English management.

It may be a unrealistic appointment, but i think it would be a very good one.

I think the fans could get behind it, he plays a pressing and easy on the eye style, has a few championship promotions, he also could work in our set up as i believe he didn't have much input in transfers at watford and Fulham.

The only worry would be a potentially drastic style change which may not help in a relegation battle.

Would he come?

Contract to end of season and he spends lots of money which is not going to be available. I can not see us getting anything decent from abroad.

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

If you think Seedorf would click here you have to be on strong substance. Cook has done well in this league good manager read about him I was ok with him but more I have read he is way ahead of shower of names presented and he wants the job. Issue is some of advisor types not keen as they will not get way which makes it more important he gets job.

The rules for work permits are rigidly set at moment with specific requirements. This is to give young British managers a chance instead of giving opportunities to many foreign coaches who fare no better and often a lot worse when presented with difficult tasks. Success of foreign coaches is because a lot of well funded clubs have given foreign coaches the chance and and have picked those at top of tree in world game. If they are relaxed it will be well down the line. With constraints of Covid I think bringing individuals from abroad is even more difficult at this time with virtually a travel ban in place. You have to have negative test and then isolate for 10 days when get here. It looks to be completely unrealistic to appoint some one from abroad at this time and these restrictions will stay until March at least. 

Strongest substance I’m on at the moment is Coffee 🤪

TBH I don’t particularly care anymore. If Cook gets it, he’s no more likely to succeed or fail than anyone else? I’m just fed up with the same old sh!t merry-go-round appointments and I’d like to see us try something different?

If you want a safe appointment then Thompson’s the man. Know’s the club, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the players particularly the younger ones as we already have seen with Shaw’s form since TP’s departure plus he hasn’t got an immediate issue with arguably our best forward?

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Would he come?

Contract to end of season and he spends lots of money which is not going to be available. I can not see us getting anything decent from abroad.

Who knows. I think hes a tad out of reach at the moment.

He said he wants to see out his current role until the end of the season (April).

Whether we could tempt him with money who knows..

• Like 1