Next manager odds

Our reputation as an employer that will take in waifs and strays and it does not matter how poor your credentials are has attracted one of best lists of third rate managers I have laid my eyes on. 

Their may be an hidden gem but my word their are some right turds. A high proportion would not get a work permit rules are fairly clear and easy to see if qualify. I am now uneasy looking at list for who is going to crop up next. The only thing we have not had is some who is dead. 

I really do hope Dc does interview British candidate (ideally Paul Cook) so as to give them a chance. The new manager will have to fit style to players we have and that is no easy task.

• Thanks 1

Nobody knows, primarily because our decision maker doesn’t know. Once his “advisors” (I use the term loosely) report back to him with their feedback/agendas then he’ll make his decision on a dice roll as usual.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

It’s been a strange week in the market. Both Barton and McCarthy started the week in work, end the week

out of work and see themselves as frontrunners in a betting market for a job, I very much doubt that either have a chance of getting?

I expected a run on Ivic today given his appearance at 4-1 and the thread on here but that hasn’t happened yet? I still think the dark horse is Weiler, seems to have a solid pedigree and we could well strike gold, should we appoint him?

Ivic or Weiler would suit me too Jim.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If D.C. employs a foreign coach would they need to self isolate for 10 days before starting work?

Think he probably will but hopefully that doesn’t put Chansiri off.  We need to be hiring the best manager we can get even if they have to watch the crown for 10 days before they start working 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Define a Tory.

If you mean he's upper middle class or aristocracy, that's wrong. He's from common stock but done exceptionally well because he's exceptionally intelligent and very hard working. Starmer is everything that the previous lLabour leader wasn't.

I've never voted Tory but I couldn't vote for Corbyn. Starmer might be the best thing to happen to Labour in a generation. Still early days of course but he looks the real deal so far.

The Mail on Sunday ran a story claiming the family home in Oxted, Surrey had an Aga cooker – often found in well-to-do homes – though when the Mail’s Michael Crick visited the house, he found a modest, pebble-dashed semi.

Starmer told the Guardian in December: “My dad was a toolmaker and my mum was a nurse. And not everybody knows that and that’s because I don’t say it very often … the middle class background just doesn’t wash.”

He's also got a head like a fūcked robot.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think he probably will but hopefully that doesn’t put Chansiri off.  We need to be hiring the best manager we can get even if they have to watch the crown for 10 days before they start working 

With Holdsworth having to hold the fort this weekend due to Thompson’s positive test I don’t think any necessary self isolation period would put DC off from appointing who he thinks is the best man for the job, foreign or not?

I’m only amazed DC has not auctioned votes for the manager position. 10 names 10 quid a vote and after a fortnight the leader gets the job.......well offered it...! Keeps the fans involved, raises cash and enables him to blame us when it turns to sh!t

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I’m only amazed DC has not auctioned votes for the manager position. 10 names 10 quid a vote and after a fortnight the leader gets the job.......well offered it...! Keeps the fans involved, raises cash and enables him to blame us when it turns to sh!t

I don't want Gary Megson as manager thanks all the same.

• Haha 2