Next manager odds

3 hours ago, gizowl said:

He'll do for me. Let's stick to what we know another bizzare appointment will be the final nail. 

Sticking to what we know brought us Monk & Pulis. They’ve knocked a few nails in themselves.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

No real movement on the SkyBet Market today. I don’t see anything happening for a while TBH. Thompson gets a win tomorrow then he buys the Chairman even more time as we won’t have another league game until mid-Jan.

I don’t think the rush is the games it’s the transfer window opening. Sooner we decide which way we are going the sooner we can get on with the much needed squad strengthening. I hope. 

16 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I don’t think the rush is the games it’s the transfer window opening. Sooner we decide which way we are going the sooner we can get on with the much needed squad strengthening. I hope. 

Not convinced we’ll do much in January. We need reinforcements particularly up front but if we get a result tomorrow I could see Thompson getting the whole of January at least as he knows the younger players in particular better than anyone.

You only have to look at him playing Shaw in his natural position when Monk and Pulis both had him playing in defensive positions and lo and behold he score what proved to be the match winner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

You only have to look at him playing Shaw in his natural position when Monk and Pulis both had him playing in defensive positions and lo and behold he score what proved to be the match winner.

Everybody played in a defensive position.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Not convinced we’ll do much in January. We need reinforcements particularly up front but if we get a result tomorrow I could see Thompson getting the whole of January at least as he knows the younger players in particular better than anyone.

I hope your wrong in the first bit of your response but think you’ll be right, and hope your right in the second half and think you’ll be wrong. 

I think a New Year’s Day drubbing is imminent and no players in Jan. Hope the reverse turns out to be true!

37 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Cheers, prefers formation 4 1 4 1, young manager at 43 but never heard of him and club he's at.

Yep the thing is,  i don’t actually mind us appointing an obscure manager from the bottom of the Turkish second division - if it turns out he’s highly rated and tipped to be the next Potchettino or Hassenhuttul (spelling), and he just hasn’t had the right stage to shine on.  But I get the feeling if we hire an obscure manager it will be more Luhukay than Potch 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep the thing is,  i don’t actually mind us appointing an obscure manager from the bottom of the Turkish second division - if it turns out he’s highly rated and tipped to be the next Potchettino or Hassenhuttul (spelling), and he just hasn’t had the right stage to shine on.  But I get the feeling if we hire an obscure manager it will be more Luhukay than Potch 

I live part time in Turkey, be is well thought of and really as rubbed the other Istanbul teams fans up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know much about the options.

But I hope we get someone in who's not a mardyarśe. 

We need someone who can come in and get these players on board from the off and get em playing.  Get em on side.

I don't mean mollycoddling em though, they've for to be a gaffer, but I just mean someone who can get in , get em on board and get their chins off the floor. 

Wish I were on the interview panel , coz anyone with a serious face and PowerPoint presentations about "the project" etc would be getting the big red cross.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Cheers,  it’s good to know something positive.  As his record online doesn’t look very inspiring! 

Istanbul has always been Fenerbace, Galatasary and Besiktas, Istanbulspor has upset the apple cart. 

We where going to Fenerbace v Galatasery with freinds who are season ticket owners, until the Pandemic that is😐

10 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Cheers,  it’s good to know something positive.  As his record online doesn’t look very inspiring! 

I've just sent my freinds in Istanbul a message asking about him. 

I will let you know what he says

• Like 1