Next manager odds

Our last manager was sacked in December, on the 29th to be precise, and it is now February. 

This thread has gone to 111 pages already and the thread has moved out to page 3 in the matchday section such is the level of disinterest nowadays. So, on current form, it’s looking likely that we could soon be without a permanent manager for a longer period than Tony Pulis was actually in charge. 

Out of interest, I tried, and failed, to establish the longest period any professional club in English football has gone without a new manager. Anyone know? Just interested. Clearly I’m crap with Google.

One thing I did notice however is the many articles from over the years where managerless Sheffield Wednesday picked up unexpected wins against good opposition without having a permanent manager in charge, so I wonder if by accident, Mr Chansiri has stumbled upon a successful managerial strategy here, one likely to keep us from being relegated?

Just have a succession of caretaker managers for a few games at a time, keep the players on their toes.

What do you reckon? Is Mr C a tactical genius.

*Clap clap*

• Haha 1

Guest buster123
On 02/02/2021 at 05:40, ANDY said:

Andre Villas Boas offered his resignation at Marseille as they signed a player against his wishes 

gulps....

could he do a job for us 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😬😬

LOL In your dreams.

Skybet just paid me out on Thompson next manager, a nice £20 at 16/1 which I got a few weeks ago now. Market has now disappeared too on skybet but I believe tonight was only  Thompson's 9th game in charge. Not complaining though, £340 richer.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Very nice. I’m awaiting £190 return ...... not paid out yet though! 

You'll get your winnings soon enough. He'll definitely be in charge now for the weekend which will be his 10th game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

You'll get your winnings soon enough. He'll definitely be in charge now for the weekend which will be his 10th game.

Yeah was thinking that myself. Regardless of the money, he deserves the job for the season, nobody else would have come in and amassed more points! 

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Skybet just paid me out on Thompson next manager, a nice £20 at 16/1 which I got a few weeks ago now. Market has now disappeared too on skybet but I believe tonight was only  Thompson's 9th game in charge. Not complaining though, £340 richer.

Technically 320 quid richer, 20 quid was your own money. Nice bet though

On 07/01/2021 at 14:34, frastheowl said:

Talk about choosing what you want to see... Do you work for the Daily Mail?!😆

You're correct in that, he was sacked following a dreadful run of results (2 wins in 13) equally the worst in Benfica's history.

But, the season previous to that, he won 18 out of 19 games, achieving the best start to a managerial spell in the history of the club. He won the Portuguese Premier League and equivalent of the League Cup , two competitions they didn't win the previous season, and managed to beat the big three away from home in the season, which has only been accomplished by one other Benfica manager. He also recorded the Benfica's biggest win since the 1960's, a 10-0 victory over Nacional.

Bruno Lage won't be our next manager. Because he'll have his sights set on much bigger jobs than ours. But to suggest he hasn't the credentials is lunacy. 

This thread is a great example to those on these forums who say there is no one out there to replace Moore.

Most were turning there nose up at Bruno Lage for god sake lol. Post above is one I agreed with at the time.

Lage should have been a real option for us when we were in the Championship and should have been thought of way before the likes of Jos Moore and Monk.

You could see even when he was our Ast Manager, how motivational and liked he was.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

This thread is a great example to those on these forums who say there is no one out there to replace Moore.

Most were turning there nose up at Bruno Lage for god sake lol. Post above is one I agreed with at the time.

Lage should have been a real option for us when we were in the Championship and should have been thought of way before the likes of Jos Moore and Monk.

You could see even when he was our Ast Manager, how motivational and liked he was.

Anybody....please...