Jose Morais - Talksport

I'll start by saying that Chansiri clearly doesn't have a clue and neither do his advisors either.

I also know next to nothing about Jose Morais. But that isn't all bad. Let me explain:

With Pulis we knew what we were getting - a bad manager, who plays bad football and who last did a decent job at a club in 2014. In other words, we were getting relegation. We might, might, have scored two goals in a game by May, if we got a lucky break in one game and one of Westwood's clearances got caught up in the wind or Pelupessy shanked a cross in-off the bar.

At least on the face of it, Jose Morais has a better pedigree in the game. Assistant manager under one of the best managers of the modern era, and who wanted to work with him at three clubs. Recently won two titles with Jeonbuk - okay, Jeonbuk usually win the Korean league, but it is still evidence of being able to coach a team, in a decent-ish league, that can win matches. On the negative side, he never seems to last anywhere long, and wasn't successful in keeping Barnsley up (they were 22nd when he arrived, and finished in 22nd). So basically he is another Carlos. Decent coach, not a genius or a miracle worker.

We have an unbalanced squad, but still with enough lower-to-midtable standard players to win a few games. Maybe he can do that.

A stopped clock is still right twice a day, and this appointment might be enough to save us from the relegation that Pulis was in the process of masterminding.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I'll start by saying that Chansiri clearly doesn't have a clue and neither do his advisors either.

I also know next to nothing about Jose Morais. But that isn't all bad. Let me explain:

With Pulis we knew what we were getting - a bad manager, who plays bad football and who last did a decent job at a club in 2014. In other words, we were getting relegation. We might, might, have scored two goals in a game by May, if we got a lucky break in one game and one of Westwood's clearances got caught up in the wind or Pelupessy shanked a cross in-off the bar.

At least on the face of it, Jose Morais has a better pedigree in the game. Assistant manager under one of the best managers of the modern era, and who wanted to work with him at three clubs. Recently won two titles with Jeonbuk - okay, Jeonbuk usually win the Korean league, but it is still evidence of being able to coach a team, in a decent-ish league, that can win matches. On the negative side, he never seems to last anywhere long, and wasn't successful in keeping Barnsley up (they were 22nd when he arrived, and finished in 22nd). So basically he is another Carlos. Decent coach, not a genius or a miracle worker.

We have an unbalanced squad, but still with enough lower-to-midtable standard players to win a few games. Maybe he can do that.

A stopped clock is still right twice a day, and this appointment might be enough to save us from the relegation that Pulis was in the process of masterminding.

So a guy with extreme limited knowledge of the league we are in who failed abysmally last time he was here. But he won the Korean league so that’s ok. This is getting beyond daft now. We are a laughing stock. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

So a guy with extreme limited knowledge of the league we are in who failed abysmally last time he was here. But he won the Korean league so that’s ok. This is getting beyond daft now. We are a laughing stock. 

'Knowledge of the league' must be the most overrated argument in football. Pulis's knowledge of the Championship was a real asset, wasn't it? Just like Monk's.

I'm more interested with knowledge of football and coaching ability than knowledge of this league.

Look at the league table all top 7 teams in this league have a manager that had never managed in this league before taking over their clubs. Ditto Bielsa.

He may be shít. But if he's worked under Mourinho at Real Madrid and Inter Milan the chances are he's better than Pulis. Even this guy 'failing abysmally' at Barnsley was picking up more point per game than experienced Tony Pulis at Wednesday

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Obviously I’m loving watching your club get worse and worse. I hope you end up in a worse state then Bradford, and I’ll never feel sorry for Wensdeh fans. But what this clowns doing to your club is absolutely ridiculous, it’s like he woke up one morning and thought what’s the best way to get rid of every penny I’ve got. And he decided buying a dying football club with a crumbling stadium was the way to go, but not content with that, he also thought it would be a good idea to employ rubbish old men and pay them way over the odds. It can’t have been anything other than that. So in that case he’s doing a cracking job unfortunately for you lot. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny12Inch said:

I know it’s as an assistant to mourinho but 2 champions leagues in there.

Not that that would help us mind

Also Barnsley, that's sort of like managing Brazil, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DlNGLE said:

Obviously I’m loving watching your club get worse and worse. I hope you end up in a worse state then Bradford, and I’ll never feel sorry for Wensdeh fans. But what this clowns doing to your club is absolutely ridiculous, it’s like he woke up one morning and thought what’s the best way to get rid of every penny I’ve got. And he decided buying a dying football club with a crumbling stadium was the way to go, but not content with that, he also thought it would be a good idea to employ rubbish old men and pay them way over the odds. It can’t have been anything other than that. So in that case he’s doing a cracking job unfortunately for you lot. 

C

Can you imagine how much training kit this lad has accumulated over the years from his various jobs.

Be like SportsDirect in his garage. Standing joke at the dads and lads Thursday night 5-a-side to see if he turns up in the Barnsley cagoul or Benfica B training top. 

• Haha 3