BREAKING NEWS - TONY PULIS SACKED

First of all I'm not a fan of Pulis and I never wanted him to get the job in the first place but this is terrible news. DC hasn't sacked him because of the style of play to please the fans, he hasn't sacked him because of the performances and results. He's sacked him because he identified what he thinks is wrong with the club and wants to rectify it .

For whatever reason DC won't let him do this and the real disastrous part in all this is that the next man and his successors will also be denied that opportunity. 

BTW I'd love to be proved wrong on this. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall with whats happened last night.

We'll never know I'm sure. Disclosure agreements etc etc. 

But I'll say this. 

Pulis wasn't some young Pup desperately making his way in the game. 

He has made money out of the game. He doesn't need a career 'post Wednesday'

He's not beholden to his future earnings.

I think he's gone in there and given some home truths.

What did he say the other week

"I'm going to be brutally honest with the Chairman, not just about the football side of things, but the whole club"

I think he has. And I think it's dented the pride.

Either that or the Gloved hand has tapped Chansiri on the shoulder and advised Pulis is the wrong man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I suggest that an official protest is made against Chansiri at the way the club is being run.

Enough is enough. It's a complete shambles. Everything is pointing at us going in the direction of Bolton or worse still Rangers or Bury . 

And Yes we can protest during Lockdown: 

PROTESTING UNDER THE NEW TIER RULES

On 2 December 2020, the national lockdown in England ended and the Government introduced a new system of Tier rules.  The new regulations prohibit outdoor gatherings of more than six people in all Tiers, with the rules being even more restrictive in Tier 3 where outdoor gatherings of more than two people are banned in many places. However, there is an exception to the rules across all Tiers for attending a protest.

You are allowed to attend a protest that has been organised in all Tiers as long as:

it has been organised by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution, a public body or a political body,

the protest organiser has carried out a risk assessment which meets the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and

the gathering organiser has taken “all reasonable measures” to limit the spread of coronavirus in line with the risk assessment and any relevant government guidance.

If you attend a protest where the organiser has not taken the above steps, you may risk being fined or arrested.

To find out more about the steps a protest organiser should take to make sure a protest is lawful, see our How to organise a protest page.

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/advice_information/can-i-attend-a-protest-during-the-coronavirus-lockdown/

44 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh I think we will bring somebody in. I agree that we need some more players to stay up. I'm not asking for Barcaesque football I just expect the bare minimum is to actually play with a striker and attempt to win a game. We have set out every match like we are trying to keep the score down.

i agree but with the very poor squad we have if we attacked we would have got ripped to shreds by blackburn like we did last season and loads of other games. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But I'll say this. 

"I'm going to be brutally honest with the Chairman, not just about the football side of things, but the whole club"

Either that or the Gloved hand has tapped Chansiri on the shoulder and advised Pulis is the wrong man.

It would be great if we as supporters could get some honesty and clarification for the first time in years. 

However I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I dunno if we are so unbalanced or whether it's just that Pulis set us out like that. If we selected Penney and Rhodes rather than shoe horning players out of position we would probably resemble an actual football side.

We have been playing like a minnow facing England trying to keep the score down. 

Pulis was worse than Monk because he literally wasn't trying to win games, he was playing for draws, and the results showed.

I'm not writing us off yet anyway

Monk played plenty of players out of position..reach as a striker was a gem..

• Haha 1

Just now, sage owl said:

It would be great if we as supporters could get some honesty and clarification for the first time in years. 

However I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

We'll never get to know anything.

Ever.

I just hope that in the future we look back at this time as a footnote in the clubs history after we've moved forward and it isn't a "Circumstances unknown' on our Post mortem...

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I just hope that in the future we look back at this time as a footnote in the clubs history after we've moved forward and it isn't a "Circumstances unknown' on our Post mortem...

I genuinely now don't think SWFC will be around in 3, maybe 5, years. I think it's that bad with this dictatorial inept owner in charge. Best I can hope for is that we'll have reformed as "The Wednesday" or some such.

51 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Doesn't matter about Pulis he was taking us down with his stupidity of all out defending with a team who could defend but not score...

The main thing is who we get now and how they could have any hope of getting any players in and how could they know what the players are like to know who to get in....

That's if Chansiri hasn't sacked Pulis for saying he can't do it without bringing in more players......

He wouldn’t have taken us down though imo.

3 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I genuinely now don't think SWFC will be around in 3, maybe 5, years. I think it's that bad with this dictatorial inept owner in charge. Best I can hope for is that we'll have reformed as "The Wednesday" or some such.

As usual it falls upon us the supports to be the strong ones.

In whatever guise know it in your heart...

...there will always be a Wednesday

• Like 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, sage owl said:

He's sacked him because he identified what he thinks is wrong with the club and wants to rectify it .

He knew that before he came (chansiri)..

Pulis made a big deal of telling him straight...no fooookin about...blah blah blah but still set him on.

He's been looking for a way out..you can see that in recent interviews.

He's gone apeshyte at chansiri, no doubt..and he's said well get fooked then..

No loss imho.

And before the 'i'm not seeing the big picture' bulshyte..

The picture would be the exact same if he wasn't sacked.

Nothing has changed except we have got rid of poor manager..which the vast majority wanted anyhow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

As usual it falls upon us the supports to be the strong ones.

In whatever guise know it in your heart...

...there will always be a Wednesday

Let's hope so I can only see us going bust eventually under the current owners. 

25 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But I'll say this. 

I think that this is a very fair summary of the situation.

Pulis was rumoured to be prepared to walk away due to lack of backing,players wages etc.,so Chansiri got it in first.