BREAKING NEWS - TONY PULIS SACKED

8 hours ago, Minton said:

Has anyone considered that Pulis may have made a lot of promises when he took over, claiming he could turn us around in no time or perhaps that he would play an attractive style? By his own admission he had underestimated the scale of the challenge and maybe DC has realised that he isn't up to it any more.

I tend to agree, one of DC's faults was not acting quick enough, he certainley has this time. I didn't like TP's style of play, but i'm not sure that was the sole reason he was sacked, we may never know.

8 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Quite telling how he says ‘no other reasons only results on the pitch’

Jesus Christ the state of it. 

It says that there were ALSO other reasons not no other reasons

3 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Not read all this thread, but why Thompson not Bullen as caretaker? Has he gone as well?

Bullen's been demoted to the academy while Thompson's been with the first team? Dunno..

The next month is going to be interesting....If Chansiri gets someone in and gives him money to spend then it’s a great decision because Pulis’s style of football is the worst I’ve ever seen, But if he doesn’t give the new man substantial funds then it’s because Pulis told him some home truths and we’re screwed 

• Love 1
Guest Bulgaria
31 minutes ago, Django said:

Genuinely who’s going to want to come here after the going’s on of the past 18 months?

Think you will be surprised.

Any manager coming in now has nothing to lose.

3 minutes ago, cain said:

The next month is going to be interesting....If Chansiri gets someone in and gives him money to spend then it’s a great decision because Pulis’s style of football is the worst I’ve ever seen, But if he doesn’t give the new man substantial funds then it’s because Pulis told him some home truths and we’re screwed 

I think we know it will be the latter. Chansiri won’t have liked hearing the truth about what a pathetic job he is doing, on top of not paying the wages which is a disgrace 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Morning Fras, 

Just playing devil's advocate but what if Pulis gave him a torrent of abuse making it impossible for DC not to sack him?

Then you’d have to ask the question, why a manager, after only a month and half in charge, just approaching the key time to be able to improve the squad, would feel the need to give the owner a torrent of abuse and jeopardise his position. 

There’s obviously been some degree of divergence from what Pulis was sold when he took the job and the realities of those promises when it came to the crunch. 

Like @vulva has just said, Pulis isn’t the story here. He’s just the victim of a much bigger problem. 

• Love 1
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I think we know it will be the latter. Chansiri won’t have liked hearing the truth about what a pathetic job he is doing, on top of not paying the wages which is a disgrace 

Unfortunately, that’s my guess too 

10 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Think you will be surprised.

Any manager coming in now has nothing to lose.

Our club is a perfect job between jobs for any journeyman manager. After some time, no one except their bank account will remember how they did or if they got us relegated.

• Like 1

Run like a Sunday league club

That’s it really 

We have no money at all- we can’t improve in January, results haven’t been good enough (terrible appointment in first place) - next one through door to save club 

Until we have someone in charge that runs it like a football club it’ll be a comedy show 

7 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

The sooner people realise that the managers (Jos/Monk/Pulis et al) aren't the problem, the better. 

This 'owner' is beyond anything I've ever seen in 43 years. And yes, you can include Dave Allen in that list. 

What an absolutely massive shitshow.

This is absolutely spot on and something I've been saying for a while aswell mate. 

I honestly don't care who the manager is, it could be Klopp or Pep...don't care, their set up to fail with this owner in charge. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and that's down to 1 man and 1 man only. 

Fans in future need to stop arguing about which manager is worse or trying to shift blame away from DC onto Jos/Monk/Pulis etc and focus on Dejphon Chansiri, he's always been the real problem at this club. 

If we have a club left after DC has finished with it, I'll consider that a small success. 

Oh and when fans are allowed back in can somebody take this embarrassment down... 

sheffield-wednesday-v-derby-county-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10570542b.jpg.b293a072798b7d1c45c615f505ce2d4c.jpg

• Like 4