BREAKING NEWS - TONY PULIS SACKED

Just now, 0wl18 said:

The players seemed to be playing for him. We weren’t a million miles away from getting results.

Pulis was doing what Big Sam will do with West Brom. It starts at the back and, you build from their. If you don’t concede you can’t lose.

But you have to have the entire squad in on the idea of playing that way and everyone be at it 100% of the time.  Do you think Rhodes, Penney, Brown and many others would have brought into his way.  That creates rifts.  90mins of defending is no fun. 

Patterson puching that chair says it all for me.  Recon he is a strong dressing room character.  

I honestly think the players had had enough and half of them were probably told they were gone in January anyway so they have rushed to Chansiri to save themselves first.

4 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The players seemed to be playing for him. We weren’t a million miles away from getting results.

Pulis was doing what Big Sam will do with West Brom. It starts at the back and, you build from their. If you don’t concede you can’t lose.

That’s a very difficult game plan to execute with Van Aken, Palmer & Odubajo as part of your defensive options.

5 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Playing for him?!

We've conceded 12 in 10 games. We've scored 6 in those 10 games.

Shots - 24th

Shots on target - 24th

Goals from open play - 23rd

Short passes - 23rd

Expected goals for - 24th

That is the recipe for relegation. Playing for Pulis my arse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Playing for him?!

We've conceded 12 in 10 games. We've scored 6 in those 10 games.

Shots - 24th

Shots on target - 24th

Goals from open play - 23rd

Short passes - 23rd

Expected goals for - 24th

That is the recipe for relegation. Playing for Pulis my arse.

That's what 5-4-1 formation gets you

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Strange that Tony’s mate Jeff didn’t mention Pulis overall record here.

Believe what you want to believe. But his overall record hasn’t cost him his job. He’d have been out after the Forest game, not after 4 points in two games.