Joe Wildsmith

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He’s not a kid at 25.

Not good enough for this division.

He needs to play every week in League Two and see if he can work his way back up.

A few months with Tony Toms in the gym is all he needs. The catching and punching are his current weakness.

I’m sure he will sort that out in time.

Happy birthday to the lad (bloke).

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He’s not a kid at 25.

Not good enough for this division.

He needs to play every week in League Two and see if he can work his way back up.

Either your clueless or disrespectful either way league two come on 

league one or a championship club 

we’ve got Westwood so his game time is limited now Westwood is in favour again 

I’d agree he’s no kid but we VP want our players developed at the highest level they can 

I very much doubt baring an injury crisis he’d get a starting position in a championship club so I’d say league one is more probable 

but he’s our number two behind an ageing keeper who’s prone to kissing games 

wildsmith will be going nowhere 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I’d still let him eat cake. Just don’t ask him to catch it.

Was. Just about to use a ‘let’s hope he didn’t drop his cake’ gag...il have to save it now for cammys birthday

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Was. Just about to use a ‘let’s hope he didn’t drop his cake’ gag...il have to save it now for cammys birthday

Dawson wouldn't drop the cake; he'd just parry it back to you so you could have another go on it.

• Haha 1

Hope his lockdown birthday is enjoyable. 

I prefer him to Dawson but don’t think there’s much in it. Also don’t like to judge either of them based on their inexperience and they’re forced to play in a team as low on confidence as ours. 

He’s still young in keeper terms. We’d be wise to keep at one of least him or Dawson. Otherwise we risk losing two keepers with high sell on values in the future.

We let Adam Davies go for free and didn’t have any of this foresight with him. He then became Dingles number one and they sold him for a decent amount to Stoke where he kept Butland out the picture. He’s now 28 and, injuries will slow this down, but he’s hitting his peak...he’s an international....he’s got a good chance of eventually playing premier league football (even as a second choice). 

Im just fed up of our club letting players leave for free. We’ve put so much into the two keepers and our fans are saying ‘they’re poo, don’t renew their contracts’ - it’s mentallllllll. 

In all likelihood we’re gonna go down anyway so it’ll be a perfect opportunity for Wildsmith to really be a number one here

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Either your clueless or disrespectful either way league two come on 

league one or a championship club 

we’ve got Westwood so his game time is limited now Westwood is in favour again 

I’d agree he’s no kid but we VP want our players developed at the highest level they can 

I very much doubt baring an injury crisis he’d get a starting position in a championship club so I’d say league one is more probable 

but he’s our number two behind an ageing keeper who’s prone to kissing games 

wildsmith will be going nowhere 

Doubt he’ll ever be a number 1 in the top 4 divisions of English football.

Happy birthday, Joe

• Haha 1