SWFC STAFF - Unsung heroes at Sheffield Wednesday

21024252-0-image-a-52_1573765659644.jpg

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY STAFF - UNSUNG HEROES

Here is a thread to celebrate the unsung heroes at the club.

*This is NOT a thread for posting moans or criticism of anyone, and nothing to do with the chairman so if you want to discuss those clear off to another thread - any sarcastic posts or 'hllarious' posts about the chairman, players, paxo etc will just be removed so don't waste your time*

So...

At Sheffield Wednesday Football Club there are staff at the club who work hard and tirelessly to either provide a great service to our fans, or who innovate or introduce new things to the club, and there are staff who are customer facing who are just fantastic hard working people who do a great job and provide excellent customer service or communication

Times are pretty bleak but these people keep delivering for us time after time (despite the wider fanbase not necessarily knowing their names or being aware of the great job they do)

There are unsung heroes at our club and it's time we gave them a spotlight and a bit of recognition

So I'd like you to nominate anyone at the club that you think should get some recognition, who you have either had first hand dealings with, or who you know through word of mouth or reputation to be doing an excellent job in the hardest of times.

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

Never had any bad dealings with anyone in the shop or ticket office always been very helpful, professional, efficient and knowledgable.  Especially that lady in the shop with the long blondish hair, been there a few years nothing is too much trouble for her.

So I nominate them all as a team.  Even the bouncer bloke is helpful.

• Like 2

Always been impressed with the staff at the club shop / ticket office...  there’s a guy that’s been there a few years - he solves any issues for me usually. 

Also, when I’ve been on the club coach - those organisers do a good job.  

And a bit random (here we go) but anyone who is in charge of fan safety etc, looking out for the best interests of Wednesday fans. Can’t say I’ve ever felt unsafe in the ground. 

• Like 1

The SWFC staff in the shops and looking after the fans on match days are amazing. My old dad has all sorts of problems getting to games and getting into and out of the ground, but the staff have always helped to make everything as easy as possible for us and told us in emails when we thanked them, that they will do anything they possibly can for Wednesday fans and that it is never a problem. We know they are amazing, but we should praise them more, definitely. 

• Like 3

My vote would be split between 2 of the most helpful and friendly of the staff , though I admit that ALL the staff I have encountered could meet these criteria!

As a personal preference , it would go to the two people I cannot name, because I don't know their names. One is them is the steward at Entrance 10 in the South stand, and his friend , the Fire Steward in that area. I have known the pair for years, and as my health has deteriorated gradually, they have both gone out of their way to assist me to my seat z196

We hear criticism  of Stewards, but these two are gentlemen of the highest order. 

Thank you both, and also the staff in general, who I've always found helpful and polite, especially when approached in a proper manner

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Had a major op last year. In my wisdom decided I couldn’t miss the Leeds match. Contacted the club. They were brilliant. Arranged for me to swap to a suitable area , wheelchair access. Great steward on Penistone road spotted me and showed me where to go. Thankyou to all concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'd like to give some recognition to all of the stewards at the games.

I know we've not been for a while but I have always found them very friendly, courteous and helpful. In fact we have some great laughs with some of the stewards on the Kop.

Its a real shame some people see fit to have a go at them, especially when the stewards are simply enforcing safety regulations which are there for the benefit of everyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1