Pulis the Innovator

In these  day of possession football ..... Pulis is to be congratulated upon creating a new brand of football 

It's called ..... Big Kick  then back into defensive formation .......with a lone forward chasing around like a demented hare .

May keep us up but.....  even after Covid  the stands will remain empty whilst the fans prefer to watch paint dry !!!!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, John Howard said:

In these  day of possession football ..... Pulis is to be congratulated upon creating a new brand of football 

It's called ..... Big Kick  then back into defensive formation .......with a lone forward chasing around like a demented hare .

May keep us up but.....  even after Covid  the stands will remain empty whilst the fans prefer to watch paint dry !!!!

If he gets success with it then the fans will stick around.

I still have Carlos's number

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's something to be said about being very well drilled defensively and frustrating teams that are very good at attacking.  It's certainly not pretty and it won't have the fans on the edge of their seats but there is a certain quality to it.

Yesterday in the first half the opposition had 70% of the possession and they got nowhere , they visibly got frustrated because there was no way through our defence. They ended up playing silly balls that were easy for us. Same thing in the second half, they lost the plot and it was only a very good run and naive defending that saved them. But for that one moment I don't think they would have scored.

That type of football isn't going to bring the crowds flocking to Hillsborough but I can appreciate it on one level.

Would I prefer to watch slick fast attacking football, of course I would. Even when we played that way ourselves in CC's first season we got done by teams that sat back and frustrated us.

What I'm trying to say is there is more than one way of playing football and this season we are going to have to accept we play the defensive type to survive. It would be nice to see a couple of good strikers in the new year though.

• Like 4

Against Norwich, we had some really neat, counter attacks. We moved the ball with quality and at pace, with off the ball runners, moving into space. For a good period of the game, this was exciting. With better offensive players, I think we will see some excitement at S6.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, prowl said:

There's something to be said about being very well drilled defensively and frustrating teams that are very good at attacking.  It's certainly not pretty and it won't have the fans on the edge of their seats but there is a certain quality to it.

Yesterday in the first half the opposition had 70% of the possession and they got nowhere , they visibly got frustrated because there was no way through our defence. They ended up playing silly balls that were easy for us. Same thing in the second half, they lost the plot and it was only a very good run and naive defending that saved them. But for that one moment I don't think they would have scored.

That type of football isn't going to bring the crowds flocking to Hillsborough but I can appreciate it on one level.

Would I prefer to watch slick fast attacking football, of course I would. Even when we played that way ourselves in CC's first season we got done by teams that sat back and frustrated us.

What I'm trying to say is there is more than one way of playing football and this season we are going to have to accept we play the defensive type to survive. It would be nice to see a couple of good strikers in the new year though.

Theres absolutely no quality to this  dog sh1tt football!

• Like 1