Bristol (A) postponed - ticket refund

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Have Wednesday fans ever been treated as badly as they are now ? Waiting months for refunds , paying high season ticket and match day prices. The standard of I follow is also a rip off. The football we play is appalling. We all know how Mr Allen felt about some of our support but did he or anyone treat the fans as Chansiri does , he’s gone into hiding and running our club into the ground. 

Well you could have a look at the 1966 Cup Final Ticket allocation.

Or Nigels well being and economic situation being affected by impending court action.

Personally for me it's not what I have been deprived of more the case of what I have been force fed. Since Covid I have seen every minute of every game home and away, that has been painful at times.

I make no excuses for anyone DC is in a difficult position partly of his own making. One has to be patient simply because there are very few alternatives. If there were then surely you and others would have deployed them.

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I make no excuses for anyone DC is in a difficult position partly of his own making. One has to be patient simply because there are very few alternatives. If there were then surely you and others would have deployed them.

The communications around this whole thing is absolutely disgusting isn't it

Imagine - just imagine - if this was ANY other company doing this to people and just not respecting their customers enough to even update them on what's happening, what can be expected, or an ETA on a refund etc

Imagine if it was Ryanair for example

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine - just imagine - if this was ANY other company doing this to people and just not respecting their customers enough to even update them on what's happening, what can be expected, or an ETA on a refund etc

This for me is the crux of it

Just tell us.

"We are really struggling to get through the huge amount of refunds, but we have <x> staff working through it, so far they've processed <x> refunds totalling <£x> meaning we have <x> to go. We are getting through approximately <x> refunds a week, meaning we expect to be finished by xx/xx/202x. 

We are truly grateful for you patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation."

I for one would be much happier if I just had an idea when I might expect to see the money

For Bristol City game -I don't believe they offered to refund  their own fans for their season tickets (one of only a few clubs not too)

have they agreed to refund away fans for matches? or did Wednesday still have to pay them what was "owed"?

The gate receipts for that match are not ours therefore I can understand no refunds if Brizzle still wanted the money.

Still be nice for about of confirmation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VictoryBell said:

Is this thread about that game that got abandoned at half time in (about) 1974 because of snow?

It was bloody miserable and cold enough without being snowballed by Peter Rodrigues, by the way😠

Yeah, and I had to walk to my girlfriend's place in Walkley. Buggered up my new Sheepskin coat😠

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Airlines and travel companies have been very slow to refund people, reading comments on twitter there's people still not refunded from cancelled holidays right at start of pandemic. 

BA haven't refunded me for a cancelled flight, they've given me a voucher to value of my flight. 

Company that does transfers from airport to the hotel aren't refunding anyone, they just give people a credit note linked to the email address to use in future. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh just SHUT UP with this absolute Uberfan BOLLO*** 

FFS

There's nothing 'Uberfan' about it. I'm just making the point that I for one like to read positive things about Wednesday.

It gets really boring and depressing opening thread after thread to find different ways for people to have a go at the club I support. Whether it's done in an obvious way, or done in a more snide manner.

If I wanted to do that I might be as well going onto PigsMad or something.

There's also no need to be so aggressive with your response just because I have a different view on some things to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

There's nothing 'Uberfan' about it. I'm just making the point that I for one like to read positive things about Wednesday.

We ALL do

So start a positive thread to counteract all the total shittshow crap that the club has thrown our way recently that needs discussing 

Its simple 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, OriginalAlien said:

It gets really boring and depressing opening thread after thread to find different ways for people to have a go at the club I support. Whether it's done in an obvious way, or done in a more snide manner.

There's also no need to be so aggressive with your response just because I have a different view on some things to you.

I think you've maybe picked the wrong football team to follow

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We ALL do

So start a positive thread to counteract all the total shittshow crap that the club has thrown our way recently that needs discussing 

Its simple 

It's really not that simple. Go on. Try it.

35 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I think you've maybe picked the wrong football team to follow

As I'm sure you know, we don't pick a team to support, if we did, we could simply pick another one. Some 'fans' seem to have forgotten how to support the team. 

We all get upset by some of the things we see, or think we see, happening to our club, but is it really necessary to force that frustration and those views on everyone else? Does it really make you feel better if you manage to make others feel angry with the club/Chairman/Manager/Players?

Communication is really simple and easy to do. And it doesn't cost a thing. 

If they’d been upfront and transparent from the start perhaps fans would be a little more forgiving. But they’re basically ignoring fans and getting staff paid minimum wage to deal with it. 

It’s a disgrace and as others have said, imagine other firms doing it....they’d be getting a visit from Matt Allwright. 

2 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

As I'm sure you know, we don't pick a team to support, if we did, we could simply pick another one. Some 'fans' seem to have forgotten how to support the team. 

We all get upset by some of the things we see, or think we see, happening to our club, but is it really necessary to force that frustration and those views on everyone else? Does it really make you feel better if you manage to make others feel angry with the club/Chairman/Manager/Players?

If you don’t like reading negative comments, perhaps the internet isn’t for you 😉

Edited by bigdan2003

You know not being refunded for my Bristol away ticket has been the biggest worry in my life throughout the whole pandemic!

If you can afford to travel to Bristol away, the fuel, beer, food & half day off work .. you are not seriously battering an eye lid at the refund.

If you were never travelling and didn’t have a ticket and this is the top of your mind .. you have a major gripe with the club and are going to use it or anything you can to criticise the club and the owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

Airlines and travel companies have been very slow to refund people, reading comments on twitter there's people still not refunded from cancelled holidays right at start of pandemic. 

BA haven't refunded me for a cancelled flight, they've given me a voucher to value of my flight. 

Company that does transfers from airport to the hotel aren't refunding anyone, they just give people a credit note linked to the email address to use in future. 

Most did actually, apart from Ryan Air and Wednesday are the 'Ryan Air' of football clubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

TBH mate the points raised in the most part are completely valid across the majority of threads....Positives? there simply arnt any.Your coming across as a 'happy clapper'  like a certain regular caller to FH......

• Haha 1