Blackburn vs SWFC - Post Match Reaction - what did you make of that?

Difference in quality was stark in my opinion and Blackburn are now a very good team who can beat anyone in this division. We looked sold and extremely defensive playing a 5-4-1 but we can’t keep relying on getting points playing this brand of football in the hope of getting a 1-0 win on the back of a screamer.

Personally, I think we need at least 4 quality players in January. Not been negative, but I think we.are down unless we recruit in the right areas of the pitch. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Right back, converted to a striker, then played as attacking midfielder by Pulis and today asked to sit in front of the back 9 and defend all game

While that is correct it doesn’t excuse his, at times, dreadful distribution 

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Reach just put himself nicely out there just in time for the January transfer window. 

I'm worried about us selling him for next to nothing in January to prevent him leaving for free in the summer. He's been our only creative outlet in the last few games. 

26 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Why have you locked the omd thread  ?.

More 'owlstalk' originated threads, to go with the other 60% to drive the debate. Probably empirically proven to drive more traffic and everything associated with it. Makes the browsing experience much better? 

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Not one Rovers defender put his hand up to complain, as far as I could see.

It’s very, very tight. I think the arm up probably makes him look more offside because he’s leaning one way and the Blackburn player is leaning the other... I’m still glad we don’t have VAR though

6 minutes ago, kristmace said:

I'm worried about us selling him for next to nothing in January to prevent him leaving for free in the summer. He's been our only creative outlet in the last few games. 

Dont worry owd lad,we dont sell the family, we just wait for it to walk away for nothing,its the way DC rolls

Guest Bulgaria

Expected us to lose so happy with a point.

We made a free scoring Blackburn look rather insipid, although that nagging feeling that we could do better always rankles.

Guest Bulgaria
34 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Paterson was hideous today. 

He wasn't great was he.

If I maybe as bold to add though, he does have a lovely rounded peach of a bottom.

What gets me with Paterson is that his first touch stepping out of defence after winning the ball was really good on a couple of occasions today - once in particular he sold a lovely dummy and opened up the space to run into - then he lets himself down with his third or fourth touch when he overhits the ball and it runs straight back to the opposites instead of launching a counter attack. So frustrating to watch because those moments are really crucial to a team that’s set up to play the way we are

Draw was a good result, but it was awful to watch and the tactics and the way Pulis sets us up to play will see us down.

Far too negative, far too deep, too many men behind the ball, dont press until last 3rd!

How can we expect to attack teams with 1 up front and winning the ball on our own penalty area!

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Nah, that's a very poor one from him today. 

The performance or his perfectly rounded peach of a backside?