Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Lets get Loovens, Forestieri and Hooper back too and show everybody that the club is serious about improving our chances ready for the earlybird season tickets. 

Anybody heard about those yet? I am going to ask the club to use the money they owe me for the last two to pay for my next ticket. Not expecting a reply, but it's worth asking.

Ironically, if we got Fletcher, Fox and Joao back we would definitely improve our chances.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why don't we just go and find a player that can improve our side but without all the baggage that comes with 'Hutch'?

Can anyone explain why we'd not just do that?

We’ve not managed to achieve that for the last four or five seasons. A damming indictment of our transfer policy (or lack of).

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why don't we just go and find a player that can improve our side but without all the baggage that comes with 'Hutch'?

It's exactly what we should do. That is all the explanation you need on why we won't do it. Wednesday never do what they should.

The other problem is bringing in the right player because we aren't exactly a great place to be at present.

Personally I don't think Pelupessy has done much wrong recently. He's limited but he's been playing well. If you don't expect him to pass the ball forward he's fine, just give him a short sideways pass to another player and he will do fine. If we were going for promotion it might be different, you might want a more cultured player. That's not what we need this season. I wouldn't mind him getting forward a bit more to have a shot. He's got a cracking shot on him as we've seen.

Edited by prowl
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I am absolutely baffled by the whole Hutch thing. I cannot get my head around it at all that it’s a thing that we are even discussing never mind that it might actually happen!

It’s not that it’s even a truly terrible idea. It’s just as above, can we not actually just move forward not backwards?

Its just such a distraction and so loaded with baggage to be almost impossible to make work. Isn’t it?

When all said and don’t once he was a free agent the best offer he got was to play in Cypress. And now he might be heading back here. 🤔

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I am absolutely baffled by the whole Hutch thing. I cannot get my head around it at all that it’s a thing that we are even discussing never mind that it might actually happen!

It’s not that it’s even a truly terrible idea. It’s just as above, can we not actually just move forward not backwards?

Its just such a distraction and so loaded with baggage to be almost impossible to make work. Isn’t it?

When all said and don’t once he was a free agent the best offer he got was to play in Cypress. And now he might be heading back here. 🤔

Best offer he got or the one he preferred? 

difference I’m guessing like me you haven’t a foggiest of what offers hutch had 

maybe he had enough of the busy championship 

maybe he fancied himself in a foreign league 

maybe their was something personal in it 

maybe he briefed his agent he wanted a new challenge and wanted to play in Europe 

maybe having been froze out by monk he had to get away and have a complete change 

oh no. It was the best offer he had I don’t believe for one minute any English team wouldn’t be interested in Hutchinson on a free transfer and only the Biggest dumplings would think so 

on the pitch Sam Hutchinson has huge qualities that benefits many teams 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree. Sam had his time here. It’s done. Leave him be and recruit someone else. We need a more rounded midfielder than him anyway. Were he to come back, I’d want Chansiri to explain why he supported Monk freezing him out and approved his release in the summer, only to ask him back 6 months later. Totally absurd.

44 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Best offer he got or the one he preferred? 

difference I’m guessing like me you haven’t a foggiest of what offers hutch had 

maybe he had enough of the busy championship 

maybe he fancied himself in a foreign league 

maybe their was something personal in it 

maybe he briefed his agent he wanted a new challenge and wanted to play in Europe 

maybe having been froze out by monk he had to get away and have a complete change 

oh no. It was the best offer he had I don’t believe for one minute any English team wouldn’t be interested in Hutchinson on a free transfer and only the Biggest dumplings would think so 

on the pitch Sam Hutchinson has huge qualities that benefits many teams 

Hi. By best offer he had I meant best offer for him. As evidenced by the fact he took it. 
I didn’t speculate about what made it best for him or what (if any) others offers he had. 

I think you’ve given a very lengthy rebuttal of something I din’t say. 

Guest LondonOwl313
36 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree. Sam had his time here. It’s done. Leave him be and recruit someone else. We need a more rounded midfielder than him anyway. Were he to come back, I’d want Chansiri to explain why he supported Monk freezing him out and approved his release in the summer, only to ask him back 6 months later. Totally absurd.

That just sounds like the chairman can’t win. Intervene when Monk freezes out the better players and he’d be accused of having his favourites and interfering in team affairs and not supporting his manager. He sits back and lets the manager make the decisions and then gets criticised because the new manager wants to re-sign the player who shouldn’t have been excluded to begin with 

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That just sounds like the chairman can’t win. Intervene when Monk freezes out the better players and he’d be accused of having his favourites and interfering in team affairs and not supporting his manager. He sits back and lets the manager make the decisions and then gets criticised because the new manager wants to re-sign the player who shouldn’t have been excluded to begin with 

He could have let Monk go in summer and kept Hutchinson if he wanted. Have to assume DC was onboard with releasing Hutchinson and leaving Westwood in limbo.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

He could have let Monk go in summer and kept Hutchinson if he wanted. Have to assume DC was onboard with releasing Hutchinson and leaving Westwood in limbo.

Agree..  if I was him I’d have let Monk go ages before we did with one of the factors behind it being him excluding key players.

But given he kept Monk on I think he was right to let the manager do his job

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agree..  if I was him I’d have let Monk go ages before we did with one of the factors behind it being him excluding key players.

But given he kept Monk on I think he was right to let the manager do his job

still would not look good if we bring Sam back. Brings club decision-making into question - the obvious one being...why did you let him go in the first place if the club feel he’d play an important part?

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

still would not look good if we bring Sam back. Brings club decision-making into question - the obvious one being...why did you let him go in the first place if the club feel he’d play an important part?

‘The club’ in this regard (footballing matters) was Monk at the time though. There was no-one else. And however little I thought of Monk's abilities, we surely can't be suggesting that DC should overrule him because he thought Hutchinson might have had something to offer still even if Monk didn't?

Of course, if we had a sporting director, there would have been someone who at least ought to be able to query such decisions, but as we know DC doesn't believe in ‘giving someone that kind of power’ (to paraphrase him).

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

we need money for that , but fair do's 

45 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Because on his day he's absolutely immense. He loves this club and I would imagine would jump at the chance to return and at a sensible wage. The fact is I don't know if there are any players out there that will want to come to us (or who we can afford) who are capable of putting in a performace like we know he can, he's a known quantity. Yes he has injury and discipline issues, but I'd rather see him driving the midfield than JP.

Immense 😂😂