Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

• YES
    • NO

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why? why cant we? why didnt we???..Fair Q to ask,,,,,so what 18 Month contract  120 K  per Month?.....Why not? What could possibly go wrong....

Theres no way hes commanding 30k a week now. He wont have been on 1/3 of that at Pafos

• Haha 1

There are big questions about re-signing Hutchinson of course. I have said ‘yes’ however.

Probably already been said here, but worth iterating that I doubt Rothwell would have been allowed to run through the midfield and centre of defence if Hutchinson were there.

Even if it isn’t the Hutchinson of his prime, it’s that sort of character and no bullsh*t attitude that we need now. It’s a similar point that has been made about Westwood; nowhere near his best, but fundamentally improves the team with his presence and personality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Probably already been said here, but worth iterating that I doubt Rothwell would have been allowed to run through the midfield and centre of defence if Hutchinson were there. 

Don't you think it was Pulis new fine system and scheme to stop yellow and red cards that did that and not the lack of ability of our players though?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't you think it was Pulis new fine system and scheme to stop yellow and red cards that did that and not the lack of ability of our players though?

A fine system for sure. Look at how many points we got against Norwich by utilizing that approach😁👍 

Serious reply: Balance and situational context matters. I’ve seen the tread titled ‘Should Paterson have taken one for the team?’ , and I’d say that if either he or Hutchinson were to have done that, got a yellow let’s say, and we go on to win then they’re a hero. Really depends on what follows in that final 15 minutes as to how we respond to it.

• Like 1

There are probably quite a few compelling reasons as to why we perhaps shouldn’t sign Hutch, but we do need a player like that Remember, we were sat in third place when we decided we didn’t?
Anyway, we are not building for the future here, this is all about cobbling together a squad that might be able to avoid the drop. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

There are probably quite a few compelling reasons as to why we perhaps shouldn’t sign Hutch, but we do need a player like that Remember, we were sat in third place when we decided we didn’t?
Anyway, we are not building for the future here, this is all about cobbling together a squad that might be able to avoid the drop. 

I agree. I would re-sign Hutch without question as he’s better than what we currently have but again, it just shows what a shambles of a club we are. 

I would be delighted to see Sam Hutchinson back.

It is frightening to say that I suspect that even with his injury/suspension record he will play way more games than Luongo until the end of the season.

The most telling point was made earlier that having Hutch at CDM Rothwell would not have been able to slalom through our midfield and defence yeterday.

Lets get Loovens, Forestieri and Hooper back too and show everybody that the club is serious about improving our chances ready for the earlybird season tickets. 

Anybody heard about those yet? I am going to ask the club to use the money they owe me for the last two to pay for my next ticket. Not expecting a reply, but it's worth asking.