Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheffield Wednesday bring back Sam Hutchinson?

• YES
    • NO

Pros and cons to every signing really...I’d sign him based on appearances made till end of season.

He is one of the few players in our recent history who was premiership quality on the pitch and he’d certainly be up for the relegation scrap. What we are all not in the know about is how many players he’s upset in the past, he obviously didn’t get on with the management, but I can see problems in the dressing room if Sam starts speaking his mind. I don’t think he would suffer some of our slackers gladly!

If we weren't up to our necks in it then no because moving forward and refreshing our squad should be a priority.

We are up to our necks in it and even if he only gets half a dozen games through suspension / injuries he'll make a positive contribution.

Also I believe Pulis can manage 'difficult characters'.

So that's a long winded yes from me.

very strange that he's failed to get into a small country's third tier team. 

Did any club in England want him in the Summer - didn't seem so. 

The SH chasing down defenders in 2015-2017 has probably gone; so he might just be brought in sit in front of, or part of the CHs line up.

I'm surprised he's just not retired, but who knows what he's got left. He's sold his house so not sure what he'll do day-to-day - can't see him bringing his family back on a short-term deal.

9 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Pros and cons to every signing really...I’d sign him based on appearances made till end of season.

He is one of the few players in our recent history who was premiership quality on the pitch and he’d certainly be up for the relegation scrap. What we are all not in the know about is how many players he’s upset in the past, he obviously didn’t get on with the management, but I can see problems in the dressing room if Sam starts speaking his mind. I don’t think he would suffer some of our slackers gladly!

Premiership quality 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

very strange that he's failed to get into a small country's third tier team. 

Did any club in England want him in the Summer - didn't seem so. 

The SH chasing down defenders in 2015-2017 has probably gone; so he might just be brought in sit in front of, or part of the CHs line up.

I'm surprised he's just not retired, but who knows what he's got left. He's sold his house so not sure what he'll do day-to-day - can't see him bringing his family back on a short-term deal.

He played plenty and then got sent off + change in management. 

Judging on bookings and fitness I would say no. However, we’re desperate here. Pelupessy is awful, Shaw, Hunt and Dele are to young, Luongo is never fit and Paterson just runs around like a Moby. We need some steel. Massive gamble that could keep us up. UTO

On the fence really. I'd want to know who the alternatives are.

Mind you, any incoming transfers during January surely need to be focused primarily on the forward positions? Not that adequate back-up for the able but unreliable Luongo wouldn't be nice, but given our forward options it would seem like a bit of a luxury.

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I'd sooner bring back Waddle or Di Canio (as they are now).  He has barely played any football now for 2 years.  If we're bringing him back as a coach that's a different question, but not as a player for me.  He's well past it and a bit of a kn*b IMO.

Aye, sure you would, kid.