Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

Second Win?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll get that second Pulis Win?

• YES -
    • NO-
    • Be lucky to get a point

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly Pulis should go at the end of the season

If he keeps us up great stuff - see ya

There's no way we should go into next season watching this 'brand of football'

NO chance

The only way I'd put up with it is if it gets promotion

But it doesn't

So that means we have to watch this 'brand of football' and come in mid table at the end of the season, and then repeat and repeat until he gets sacked

NO THANKS

Take your own advice then like you give out regular in threads and switch it off.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

NO chance

But it doesn't

So that means we have to watch this 'brand of football' and come in mid table at the end of the season, and then repeat and repeat until he gets sacked

NO THANKS

I know mate...Its so unlike the scintillating stuff we have watched the past 2 seasons or so....but you can't have it all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

HORRENDOUS FOOTBALL

Winning 1-0

I don't want my football club to win this way

I couldn’t give a crap! If we win this regardless of the football, I’ll be over the moon!

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I’ve sympathetic to this view, I really am.

But if ever there was a season to suspend our desire to see decent football in exchange for survival then this is it - points deduction, chaos behind the scenes and none of us can even see the admittedly dire football being played in person.

For one year only, provided we get the results to survive I’ll suspend my moaning and get behind TP. Next year I suspect I’ll be joining you in howling about my eyes bleeding etc.

Exactly.

Survival isn't going to be pretty.  

We need to grind out results any which way we can.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NO chance

But it doesn't

NO THANKS

Any sensible club would be of the approach that he’s a stop gap to keep you in the league. 

Unfortunately we aren’t one of the those clubs and we’ll be forever ‘in his debt’ because it’ll be deemed that he’s punching down while ever he’s here. 

Edited by NeonLeon

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Hmmmm, think your post was before the goal my friend.

Mind you. I'd happily take another 45 minutes of that if it results in them failing to score. 

The fact we are limiting their shots on goal shows he has them lined up well. We Will be like this until January when we can get more players in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NO chance

But it doesn't

NO THANKS

You backed Monk for months - it was worse than this for much of the time you were backing him as we were playing disjointed football, losing games by half-time and regularly getting beat by 3 or 5 goals.

If the tactics like today don't work then by all means have a go as the end will not justify the means but as it is it has resulted in us being 1-0 up at half-time and when I woke up this morning I didn't expect us to be winning at any point in this game. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NO chance

But it doesn't

NO THANKS

It’s exactly the same brand of football we’ve been seeing for 12 months. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve seen horrendous football ever since Carlos left. Why are people pretending it was all rosy before?

If Pulis gets results, I’ll take 90 mins of poo and three points every day of the week. 

He doesn't though does he

He might keep us up but next season?

Mid table if we're lucky

So we'd end up watching this nonsense and finishing mid table

SOD THAT

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You backed Monk for months - it was worse than this for much of the time you were backing him as we were playing disjointed football, losing games by half-time and regularly getting beat by 3 or 5 goals.

If the tactics like today don't work then by all means have a go as the end will not justify the means but as it is it has resulted in us being 1-0 up at half-time and when I woke up this morning I didn't expect us to be winning at any point in this game. 

It's nothing to do with this game though

It's the bigger picture

Next season

I don't want to see us defending all game every game and finish mid table

Owlstalk Shop

Good away performance this. Keep it tight, try to attack on the break, and take your chance when it comes along.

Another 2nd half performance like that and we might go home with more points than when we started.

*Keeps his fingers crossed for another Westwood clean sheet*

I feel soooooo much more confident with Westwood in goal btw. I think he has a steadying influence on his defence and gets them organised, something lacking with the two young keepers, both of whom are average at best, nowhere neat Westwood’s standard.

• Like 3