Sheffield Wednesday in talks with Andre Green.....

Sheffield Wednesday are reportedly in talks with Andre Green over a move to Hillsborough ahead of the New Year according to Football Insider. 

Green has been a free-agent since leaving Aston Villa at the end of the 2019/20 season, and will be eager to find himself a new club in the near future.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are reportedly in talks with Andre Green over a move to Hillsborough ahead of the New Year according to Football Insider. 

Green has been a free-agent since leaving Aston Villa at the end of the 2019/20 season, and will be eager to find himself a new club in the near future.

He’s a decent option, and one who would have been useful during our struggles this season. Given our lack of forward options, and that he has been available from the start of the season, why wait until now? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s a decent option, and one who would have been useful during our struggles this season. Given our lack of forward options, and that he has been available from the start of the season, why wait until now? 

If the stories I read previously are accurate it sounds more like the player is the one who didn’t want to talk to people and was waiting for a more favourable option.  Most likely he’s given up now and realises playing for us in a 5 month period will improve his options next summer 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, I cannot understand why we'd suddenly be looking at him now.

We've been desperate for alternative forward options since Pulis arrived. We could've brought him in at any point between Pulis arriving and now. Why haven't we?

• Like 1

Type of player who has flourished and succeeded under Pulis in the past. I think this January Window will give us a taste of what to expect from TP in the future. Regardless of all the b*ll***s about style of play etc., we need someone to sort out this circus and he’s more than capable of doing it IMO?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If the stories I read previously are accurate it sounds more like the player is the one who didn’t want to talk to people and was waiting for a more favourable option.  Most likely he’s given up now and realises playing for us in a 5 month period will improve his options next summer 

Could be I suppose. Another theory may be, given our situation with wages, perhaps we could not be seen, or allowed, to add anyone else to the payroll. I was told of a trialist who impressed all the coaches while playing for the U23s, but we failed to offer him a contract. It’s odd that, given our striking predicament, we didn’t approach the likes of Whatmore or Kazim -Richards, both of whom have done ok for Boro and Derby Of course there could be plenty of other reasons, but it would have been hard to justify bringing in new players , while still owing our existing players wages

• Love 1

Guest wilyfox

Think Green would be decent if we can get him. Quite quick & strong, and good delivery. Someone to put pressure on Harris to perform. It’s too easy for Kadeem to produce nothing and keep the shirt at the moment.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
28 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Just because he wasn't successful at 2 other clubs doesn't mean he wouldn't be for us.

Exactly! We’re renowned for getting the best out of players! :ph34r: