9 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

or swallow our pride and activate the nuhiu button.

3ea.gif VNJ3LZt.gif 

• Like 2

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Makes no sense.

20/21 - 460 mins - 0 goals

19/20 - 1700 mins - 5 goals

18/19 - 840 mins - 3 mins

We are masters in making no sense.

• Haha 2

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Whether it’s him, and I hope it isn’t, or somebody else, any deal needs to be in place by the time the window opens. Given our predicament, and because it seems we’ve set our survival hopes on a good January window, we need to have players on board ASAP What I don’t want to hear, is Pulis saying, I will sit down in January with the chairman, and discuss our options.

11 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Should be looking at the likes of Piggot, Watters or Abrahams from the lower leagues or top flight loanees, rather than has beens. 

Piggott and Abrahams would be a decent pairing 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Vokes could do a Steve Howard for us though

Or an Adam Proudlock.

Every signing might work or it might not. In our case its usually the latter but we never know.

But I was more pleased about getting Howard than I will be if we get Vokes. I always rated Howard.

5 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Or an Adam Proudlock.

Every signing might work or it might not. In our case its usually the latter but we never know.

But I was more pleased about getting Howard than I will be if we get Vokes. I always rated Howard.

Of course but it’s got to be based on something! Proudlock had a terrible attitude whereas Vokes has been fairly reliable. He’s also a very similar player to Howard whereas Proudlock was different.

Was also a fan of Howard and didn’t mind us signing him. But Howard was much older and came off the back of not doing anything at Hartlepool. But Vokes would be worse because he’s only scored a few at Stoke?!

18 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Or an Adam Proudlock.

That’s true. Although I think constantly pursuing the tried and tested route, is probably what got us to where we are now, in this case I do think we need an experienced target man. Is Vokes an out and out target man? Signing experienced championship players hasn’t really worked for us, but you probably need a blend. The players we sign are usually on the wane, so it’s unlikely they are going to improve. Of course that doesn’t mean you can’t get good mileage out of such a player, Fletcher is a good example of a worthwhile signing. 

I heard we were trying to sign striker from Italy apparently he has experience of playing in the championship and for two season he was the top scorer at the club he was at with 15 then 12 goals.

And at 30 he still has a few years on the clock.

image.png.a91683c29dd3499eb9d626e5b9faedbb.png

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s true. Although I think constantly pursuing the tried and tested route, is probably what got us to where we are now, in this case I do think we need an experienced target man. Is Vokes an out and out target man? Signing experienced championship players hasn’t really worked for us, but you probably need a blend. The players we sign are usually on the wane, so it’s unlikely they are going to improve. Of course that doesn’t mean you can’t get good mileage out of such a player, Fletcher is a good example of a worthwhile signing. 

If he stayed fit I would be going for Andy Caroll - come here and plays week in week out will be the target man we need and will score goals - but its the keeping fit that's the issue with 3 games a week in the championship. only 2 starts for Newcastle all season.

Carroll is similar to Wickham in the sense that if they didn't have legs made of cheese they wouldn't entertain the championship let alone joint bottom. If the thread on contracts is taken as truth and we're paying Jack marriott 18+ a week for example, either of the above players would suit us better on that money if marriott was recalled. That said we need to pay the players we have first! 

Think he’d be a good signing 

we’re crying out for something different upfront 

we’ve nothing sticking half the time and the ball is coming straight back at us putting us under pressure again 

I think having stokes up front will get windass in the game more and give him more chances 

I can see this working, like many have said though it might not work.

for me we need to create more and get the ball forward more so one required across the middle or wide areas 

and we need to make something stick and have some options on the bench 

A player like stokes is needed it’s a yes from me 

• Like 1