On 07/01/2021 at 21:41, darklord said:

well range is limited. What if you run out of fuel? trudge to the garage for 5000 AAA batteries?!!

Problem with the batteries is once defunct they render the car worthless really so surely an increase in cars scrapped so even more carbon footprint from manufacturing.

Also the batteries contents are pretty bad.

The electric isnt zero emissions though is it.

Range is limited on any car.  Nothing runs on fresh air.  What if you run out of fuel in an ICE car?  You call the recovery company who can charge you, or you just don't run out in the first place (like in an ICE car).

Once the batteries are defunct, you will be able to swap them I'm sure.  Tesla come with an 8 year guarantee!

Why isn't the electric zero emissions?  If you've got solar panels on your house, you can charge your car from the sun!  Even major energy suppliers are offering net carbon neutral energy and 100% renewable energy.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Why isn't the electric zero emissions?  If you've got solar panels on your house, you can charge your car from the sun!  Even major energy suppliers are offering net carbon neutral energy and 100% renewable energy.

I get what you’re saying but if every consumer suddenly decided they only wanted 100% renewable tariffs, we’d be fizzed, where would it all come from?

On 10/01/2021 at 22:54, kirksandallowl said:

I get what you’re saying but if every consumer suddenly decided they only wanted 100% renewable tariffs, we’d be fizzed, where would it all come from?

Renewables, it's in the name! lol

Just not bothered...

4 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Renewables, it's in the name! lol

So we produce enough electricity from renewable sources for every household to opt for a 100% renewables tariff?

12 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

So we produce enough electricity from renewable sources for every household to opt for a 100% renewables tariff?

It was a joke mate...

Just not bothered...

7 hours ago, owlsfan_72 said:

The Sony prototype was shown at CES... 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/8/21056404/sony-vision-s-electric-concept-prototype-first-look-ces-2020

That dashboard is amazing. 

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 06.41.08.jpg

Looks great!

There are cars that already have this kind of dashboard - some of the new EV models have full length displays

They look so cool = I want one!

Owlstalk Shop

On 19/01/2021 at 06:42, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 06.41.08.jpg

Looks great!

There are cars that already have this kind of dashboard - some of the new EV models have full length displays

They look so cool = I want one!

My other half sniffing out a Honda E which has a similar interior. A few starting to pop up on second hand market now. 

On 20/01/2021 at 12:06, LoadABallacks said:

My other half sniffing out a Honda E which has a similar interior. A few starting to pop up on second hand market now. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah that's what I saw

Looks fab

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah that's what I saw

Looks fab

It's great. Expensive compared to similar cars, but you are paying a premium for the quirkiness. We had one for a week loan from Honda to give it a try. Real world battery range was only about 100 miles (i think the quoted range was something like 130), but for her use, that was more than she would ever drive in a day. She only has a 6 mile round trip commute. We don't have a home EV charger yet,  so takes forever to charge on a 3 pin plug. 

Couldn't get used to the camera wing mirrors, but I'm sure you do over time. Just hanging  on a few months to see if prices weaken as the econominc downturn really bites over the coming months. 

Wouldn't work for me, but perfect for many and certainly a great second car for our household. Could see me using it over my (the main family car) for most weekend outings where we don't need all the kids paraphernalia