list of players wages..

42 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i've only ever been interested in what i earned ....why would you have an interest  in what others earn ?

What if you worked in a team environment where your output was considerably more than the others around you? Would you not be interested to know your worth ?

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i've only ever been interested in what i earned ....why would you have an interest  in what others earn ?

I, like what I thought was most people, have an interest in what different people from different professions earn for doing their job. In the same way as I am interested in House Prices or the price of shares or different cars. 
When I was younger and starting out in life I had interest in what different professions earned as it helped me determine the right professional course for me. 
As I was older I had an interest in money and comparative earnings as I made career decisions about which direction to take in my career. I also developed an interest in what different people earned compared to what I was earning, I guess to see if I felt I was doing Ok, particularly compared to people doing a similar job, or if it was worth moving to a different company or pursuing a management position etc. I guess to make sure I wasnt being ripped off. Not jealousy but just interested I guess. I find it interesting that a doctor earns less than a lawyer or a teacher earns less than a salesman. Or a plasterer earns more than a bricklayer.

it certainly isnt an obsession. I don’t sit around wondering what everyone earns but I’m not ashamed to say I find it quite interesting   

It’s not the same as wanting to know what individuals earn as such but I do have an interest in how different jobs are rewarded, particularly jobs that pay the kind of money footballers do. 

also, just to check I’m not a madman I’ve just asked 12 friends and family and they all said yes, it’s something they do have some kind of interest in. 

I think most people compare themselves in some ways to others. I don’t mean in a Facebook envy pretending life is perfect kind of way. Just seeing if I am doing ok and how that looks compared to how others are. 
Comparing wages is part of this. Money is a big part of our world. I am interested in it. 

Fuller explanation than I intended but there it is. 

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What if you worked in a team environment where your output was considerably more than the others around you? Would you not be interested to know your worth ?

no and i worked in a team environment  ......i knew what i was on and was happy (or not) with what it was . what others got was no concern of mine .

If Marriott on £18k and Kachunga on £10k is true, then whoever decided these two were a better option than Fletcher on £18k a week (reportedly what he went to Stoke for) deserves shooting.

On the plus side, once we get Rhodes and Van Aken off that wage bill (plus Marriott, Brown and Flint loans expire), and hopefully renew Lees, Bannan and Westwood on lesser deals (assuming we don't get relegated, in this post-Covid world they would accept less I think), then we're looking at a good £125k a week off the wage bill = £6.5 million a year without much of a drop in quality. Then can hopefully bring in decent players on Iorfa/Dunkley/Harris level wages. 3 new players on £10k a week would only cost £1.5m for the year, so a clear step towards sustainability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

no and i worked in a team environment  ......i knew what i was on and was happy (or not) with what it was . what others got was no concern of mine .

Do you not even have any interest in something like how much nurses earn vs how much lawyers earn?

just even academically to give an indication of how society values different skills?

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Do you not even have any interest in something like how much nurses earn vs how much lawyers earn?

just even academically to give an indication of how society values different skills?

i know what nurses earn my partner is one but lawyers i have no interest in ......why would i be interested in what  a lawyer earns ?.it as zero impact on my life .

Thank God the swfc gravy train is ending soon.

Those big earners need to go. How the hell we agreed to those wages is beyond me. And they are only the basic wage. Nevermind appearance bonuses etc. 

I knew we were paying a lot for the likes of Fletcher and Bannan but Van Aken and Lees on that is crazy.

Especially when you compare it to Iorfa and even Borner.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i know what nurses earn my partner is one but lawyers i have no interest in ......why would i be interested in what  a lawyer earns ?.it as zero impact on my life .

Cool. It’s just one of those things that I always assumed everyone was interested in, at least a bit. 
I once managed a team of sales people and who earned what was literally all they talked about. I assumed it was the profession but at a later stage managed a team of project managers and they were just the same. 
I now run teams of builders and, yes, who earns what and who’s paying what is discussed endlessly there as well!

Honestly, most people are out there caring greatly about things that have no impact on them. 
I’m glad your not though. Cheered me up quite a lot for no reason I can really put my finger on. 

Just now, hugeowl said:

Chansiri really has been done like a kipper .

The outcome is so have the fans 

awful for us but just imagine being  the son of a successful man and  blowing  cerca100-150 million quid in 6 years and making a complete mess of it ...... bloke must feel terrible .