list of players wages..

14 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

It’s a £39 Million loss, not a £39 Million spend.

Ah yes, thank you. Most teams are in a loss, so I kinda forgot about that haha.

18 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The players jobs are never advertised. There isn’t a set rate for a footballer. The timing and circumstances of every player, signing for a club are totally different. 

If Van Aken had turned out to be a superstar, and Iorfa a massive flop, nobody would question their salaries. No one knows how things will turn out after signing. So why are people surprised at the different wages?

I agree, this is how I see the wage differences.

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have no idea why anyone is ever interested in a players wages 

It’s what they do on the pitch that I’m bothered about

And if we have someone on a million quid a week even it still wouldn’t bother me so long as the ticket prices weren’t put up to pay it 

Chansiri says he can afford to pay the wages and that’s good enough for me

A players wages, what we can offer, effective decides what calibre of player we will attract. 

Unfortunately, we (the club) have been wasteful with money when they had it. The lack of forward planning re income and sale of players is unforgivable.

If he can afford the wages,  why have the players apparently contacted the EFL. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313

If you read the small print it says it’s collated and estimated from data publicly reported. Some of the numbers are way off.

There’s no way Westwood is on 30k. He came here in 2014 and signed under Milan so you’d assume at that time his wage was maybe 10k or possibly even lower having come from Sunderland reserves. He then signed a new contract in 2016 which will have been his biggest contract here.. maybe 25k given Chansiri splashed the cash on contracts.

In 2018 he was out of contract and Bruce wanted to sign him up again in April. We didn’t get confirmation of him staying until July which suggests it wasn’t just a simple extension of terms which would have been easy. We were already cutting back at that point, so at age 34 I think the 2 year contract rather than a year would have been a compromise for less wages than his peak contract.

I’d guess at about 15k for his current deal which is half what they’ve got. Just can’t see how they can get to 30k because that would have made him one of the top earners during our peak spending and us agreeing to pay him it again for a further two years. Just isn’t happening 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If you read the small print it says it’s collated and estimated from data publicly reported. Some of the numbers are way off.

There’s no way Westwood is on 30k. He came here in 2014 and signed under Milan so you’d assume at that time his wage was maybe 10k or possibly even lower having come from Sunderland reserves. He then signed a new contract in 2016 which will have been his biggest contract here.. maybe 25k given Chansiri splashed the cash on contracts.

In 2018 he was out of contract and Bruce wanted to sign him up again in April. We didn’t get confirmation of him staying until July which suggests it wasn’t just a simple extension of terms which would have been easy. We were already cutting back at that point, so at age 34 I think the 2 year contract rather than a year would have been a compromise for less wages than his peak contract.

I’d guess at about 15k for his current deal which is half what they’ve got. Just can’t see how they can get to 30k because that would have made him one of the top earners during our peak spending and us agreeing to pay him it again for a further two years. Just isn’t happening 

But then you've used nothing more than your subjective view to arrive at a figure of £15k now, when you have no idea of the inner working os contracts at S6, you only have the data that has been used by this website, nothing more. 

I generally think these figures are in the right ball park. 

• Love 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, 0742 said:

But then you've used nothing more than your subjective view to arrive at a figure of £15k now, when you have no idea of the inner working os contracts at S6, you only have the data that has been used by this website, nothing more. 

I generally think these figures are in the right ball park. 

Yes exactly.. nobody knows except the player and the finance people at the club/chairman.

But 30k is about what everyone assumes Hooper and Fletcher were on. Typically you don’t pay your keeper what strikers get especially when the strikers are from the PL. I can’t see how he’s top earner at 30k. 

If his existing contract is 30k for 2 years signed age 34 it wouldn’t have taken 3 months to get that agreed as he’d have snapped our hands off immediately 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yes exactly.. nobody knows except the player and the finance people at the club/chairman.

But 30k is about what everyone assumes Hooper and Fletcher were on. Typically you don’t pay your keeper what strikers get especially when the strikers are from the PL. I can’t see how he’s top earner at 30k. 

If his existing contract is 30k for 2 years signed age 34 it wouldn’t have taken 3 months to get that agreed as he’d have snapped our hands off immediately 

Again, you make a lot of assumptions, that we just don't know. The only thing that can actually be debated on this topic is the credibility of the source, beyond that it's just words and opinions. 

The whole paying keepers same as attackers is also an opinion, there's a lot of considerations, like the fact Westwood was keeping record clean sheets in 2015/2016 seasons and we were flying, he was an integral part of our success at that point and i do believe at the time, most people would have agreed he was worth paying the same amount as hooper and fletcher. 

• Like 2

Don’t know why people are surprised at Van Akens wages. We paid £4m for him, hardly gonna accept a wage not in accordance with that is he? Not with other clubs after him at the time.

Just so happens it’s not at all worked out.

Same with people surprised at Dawson earning compared to Wildsmith. Wildsmith got a new contract when he was number 2 behind Westwood when Dawson was on peanuts, then Dawson signs a new deal when he was number 1, so will earn more.

Just so happens Wildsmith now above him in the pecking order again.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, 0742 said:

Again, you make a lot of assumptions, that we just don't know. The only thing that can actually be debated on this topic is the credibility of the source, beyond that it's just words and opinions. 

The whole paying keepers same as attackers is also an opinion, there's a lot of considerations, like the fact Westwood was keeping record clean sheets in 2015/2016 seasons and we were flying, he was an integral part of our success at that point and i do believe at the time, most people would have agreed he was worth paying the same amount as hooper and fletcher. 

It’s a forum though, everything on here is opinion unless the finance director is posting. I’m using assumptions which I think are fair (others can make their own) to show I think the source isn’t credible. That’s the point. After all they’ve not got access to the data so they’re making their own assumptions etc 

I did say I assumed he was on 25k in 2016-18, that would have been some jump from what Milan would have been paying. We already had Kirkland who was adequate so he wasn’t going to splash 20k a week on a new keeper when we never spent an adequate amount on strikers given the cost of them was always out of our price range. That’s why we had May, Nuhui and Maguire.

Also think it’s fair to assume he wouldn’t have been offered as much in 2018 as 2016 given his increased age, him missing a year through injury and exclusion and the wider issues the club has had making cutbacks. That’s how I came to my guess. If others want to use unrealistic assumptions to bring him up to 30k a week right now that’s up to them

I really don't believe a lot of those wages

Reach was bought for £5m reportedly, He will be more than £20k or he should fire his agent.

JVA should buy his agent a solid gold Bentley for getting him £20k, I've heard that figure so it may be true but he came from nowhere and would hgave been very grateful for less than £10k

Windass was on £7k before from what I heard,  he was out of favour and would probably have snatched out hand off for the same money.

Kachunga £10k, on what planet?

Marriott £18k, never. If we agreed to loan him on those wages DC deserves to go broke. I'd rather have kept Nuhiu.

Tom Lees on more than Bannan, doubt it.

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Fair doos. It does make you unique in all people I have ever known though. 
I have never ever met anyone (in person or virtually) who has no interest whatsoever in what other people earn.

i've only ever been interested in what i earned ....why would you have an interest  in what others earn ?

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s a forum though, everything on here is opinion unless the finance director is posting. I’m using assumptions which I think are fair (others can make their own) to show I think the source isn’t credible. That’s the point. After all they’ve not got access to the data so they’re making their own assumptions etc 

I did say I assumed he was on 25k in 2016-18, that would have been some jump from what Milan would have been paying. We already had Kirkland who was adequate so he wasn’t going to splash 20k a week on a new keeper when we never spent an adequate amount on strikers given the cost of them was always out of our price range. That’s why we had May, Nuhui and Maguire.

Also think it’s fair to assume he wouldn’t have been offered as much in 2018 as 2016 given his increased age, him missing a year through injury and exclusion and the wider issues the club has had making cutbacks. That’s how I came to my guess. If others want to use unrealistic assumptions to bring him up to 30k a week right now that’s up to them

Paragraphs 2&3 are completely pointless. Agree on the first though. 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, 0742 said:

Paragraphs 2&3 are completely pointless. Agree on the first though. 

There’s no need to deliberately look to argue with people.

You should set out your own assumptions showing why you think the 30k figure is correct then people can decide whether they agree with you or not.

Was just setting out my logic because there will be a hierarchy and structure to it. Or maybe not given the mess the chairman has got us in!

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

There’s no need to deliberately look to argue with people.

You should set out your own assumptions showing why you think the 30k figure is correct then people can decide whether they agree with you or not.

Was just setting out my logic because there will be a hierarchy and structure to it. Or maybe not given the mess the chairman has got us in!

I'm not, i generally really enjoy your posts on here, so i hope you don't think i am trying to argue with you, if that is how it came across, i assure it wasn't my intention. 😀

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I'm not, i generally really enjoy your posts on here, so i hope you don't think i am trying to argue with you, if that is how it came across, i assure it wasn't my intention. 😀

No worries mate.. thanks for that. Just got wrong end of stick that’s all 😀

If you look at page 24 of the last published accounts (available from.the SWFC web site), it lists the wages and salaries as £37.4 million for the year ended 2018 compared with £26 million for year ended 2017. Ok, that includes all staff, but that's a lot of money going out when your income (page 23) from fans and commercial ventures was £25 million (2018) and £23 million (2017). Obviously last year's aren't yet available and this year's income will be well down on that.

Who earns what doesn't particularly bother me, but when there's more going out then coming in, there's a slippery slope ahead.

• Like 1