list of players wages..

I have no idea why anyone is ever interested in a players wages 

It’s what they do on the pitch that I’m bothered about

And if we have someone on a million quid a week even it still wouldn’t bother me so long as the ticket prices weren’t put up to pay it 

Chansiri says he can afford to pay the wages and that’s good enough for me

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And if we have someone on a million quid a week even it still wouldn’t bother me so long as the ticket prices weren’t put up to pay it 

I know you may not be interested but surely you can see why some people would be?

If the figures in the OP are true surely you can see that it might be of interest to some football fans that Van Aken gets paid twice as much as Iorfa for example?

I am certainly not bothered. The payroll for most clubs in the championship will be a similar story and the Premier orders of magnitude again but surely you can concede that it is little tiny bit interesting?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I know you may not be interested but surely you can see why some people would be?

If the figures in the OP are true surely you can see that it might be of interest to some football fans that Van Aken gets paid twice as much as Iorfa for example?

I am certainly not bothered. The payroll for most clubs in the championship will be a similar story and the Premier orders of magnitude again but surely you can concede that it is little tiny bit interesting?

Thing about wages for me is:

Are you happy working where you are, for the wage that you agreed when you applied for the job, and that you now receive, and are you happy with the job that you do??

If the answer is yes then it’s irrelevant what anyone else is on

If the answer is no then it’s your responsibility to go find another job elsewhere as quickly as possible 

Dont see anything other than that myself really mare 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you happy working where you are for the wage that you agreed when you applied for the job and that you now receive and are you happy with the job that you do??

If the answer is no then it’s your responsibility to go find another job elsewhere as quickly as possible 

Forestieri is a prime example of how this disrupts the team and fans

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not picking on these players, but if accurate we are paying around 156,500 a week on 6 players: Westwood, Lees, Van Aken, Bannan, Reach and Rhodes. So around 626,000 a month and around 7,512,000 a year, no wonder why we are in a mess. With 13 million a year being the general limit over 3 seasons (39 million), we may have gone over half our yearly limit by around 1 million on just 6 players. I haven't got the time currently, but it would be interesting to see all the wages added up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you happy working where you are for the wage that you receive and do the job that you do

Fair doos. It does make you unique in all people I have ever known though. 
I have never ever met anyone (in person or virtually) who has no interest whatsoever in what other people earn. Particularly when the wage is very high and they are crap at their job. 
I definitely find it interesting, in the same way I find house prices interesting or how investments rise or fall. 
Footballer wages are interesting as it gives an insight into how the game works, why players often are difficult to manage and motivate and particularly how it is a bubble that will clearly have to burst at some point!

• Like 1

The players jobs are never advertised. There isn’t a set rate for a footballer. The timing and circumstances of every player, signing for a club are totally different. 

If Van Aken had turned out to be a superstar, and Iorfa a massive flop, nobody would question their salaries. No one knows how things will turn out after signing. So why are people surprised at the different wages?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I'm not picking on these players, but if accurate we are paying around 156,500 a week on 6 players: Westwood, Lees, Van Aken, Bannan, Reach and Rhodes. So around 626,000 a month and around 7,512,000 a year, no wonder why we are in a mess. With 13 million a year being the general limit over 3 seasons (39 million), we may have gone over half our yearly limit by around 1 million on just 6 players. I haven't got the time currently, but it would be interesting to see all the wages added up.

It’s a £39 Million loss, not a £39 Million spend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So why do we get ripped off with the most extortionate ticket prices in the league then, for the worst entertainment? According to Chansiri they don't cover anything, and its certainly not been going on transfer fees, yet he's the one giving out ludicrous contracts for a Championship club and not even on decent players. 

I bought a 5 year ST a couple of years ago (because I could afford it and I'd have bought one every year anyway as I have been doing for nearly 40 years), bit galling that the clubs income from me for 5 years just about covered Jordan Rhodes' wages for a Thursday afternoon. B*****d wasn't even in training. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lees, Van Aken, Reach, Westwood, Bannan and Rhodes are the last of our big earners.

We can't afford to and shouldn't be paying anyone more than 15k a week in our position from here on.

Only prem clubs with parachute payments can afford anything higher than that. Dreaed to think what Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Wallace and Abdi were paid.

• Love 2