players check Owlstalk

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Imagine if some players and coaches checked this forum, or even had an account.

I heard from Robbie Savage on BBC radio 5  when he was going through a rough patch at Derby, he would often go on there forum and see what was being said about him. 

Savage also created a fictional name so he could register and post.

Explanis a lot on here.

They will all know then that they get praised when they do well, and slagged off when they don’t. Seems fair enough to me.

Occasionally, there will be one of them who steps out of line, laughs and applauds an opponent’s goal for example. Then it becomes like The Wicker Man on here. I’ve saved plenty of wicker btw and I have a box of matches. 

• Haha 1

Players would be stupid to take what is said by fans on here seriously. It's a fans site, most fans don't really have a clue about the professional game and how it's played. It's not just this site but Twitter and just about every other social media site. 

There are a few posters who have a clue but the majority just don't, some have an agenda, they might not even be fans of this club.

The only peoples opinion a professional footballer should care about is their manager, coaches and othe professioinal players.

As fans we have a right to vent our frustrations however misinformed they are. This is our space not the players. Leave us to it and you won't get upset.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They've always been on here mate 

Some browse the site

Some join the site

Some post

You don't have to believe me - I'm not asking you to.

But they do and always have done right from day one

Do they get pestered to support the latest server upgrade? Just asking for a curious player🤔