players check Owlstalk

1 hour ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Imagine if some players and coaches checked this forum, or even had an account.

I heard from Robbie Savage on BBC radio 5  when he was going through a rough patch at Derby, he would often go on there forum and see what was being said about him. 

Hi .  Nice post but its a bit naive to be honest.

owlstalk is just a big algo system.  There are only two users in reality - you and @owlstalk .  All other posters are just a bot programmed by @owlstalk (including me).  That way the site doesnt get into legal trouble, and if someone sues us, then we know it must be you who caused the issue.

Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Guest wilyfox

Good, I’m glad they check on here. May give them a glimpse of what it’s been like watching and supporting them this year. Bloody awful.

I think the modern day footballer is so far removed from the modern day football fan. Has to be some resentment there.

Imagine losing game, logging on to social media and seeing hundreds of people slagging you off. It’s human nature to be curious about what people think of you.

15/20 years ago at least if you had a bad game you could switch off and not be reminded of it when you look at your phone. 

The club ought to specifically instruct players not to come on sites such as this. And they should fine them should it be discovered that they are doing so. Yes, they'll have no trouble get around that should they really want to, but the point is that the club would be making it clear what their view is.

The fans need a buffer zone in which they can say whatever they like.

Twitter is a different matter and anyone who uses it absolutely shouldn't be directly abusive, and though I'm not particularly familiar with Facebook, if there's anything about it which is like an ‘interface’ between fans and players then the same would apply.

For me, the player who could feel most aggrieved at the level of criticism on here is Jordan Rhodes. The lad hardly ever gets more than ten minutes or so and yet gets slated for his poor goal scoring record. When was the last time he started a run of games? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

For me, the player who could feel most aggrieved at the level of criticism on here is Jordan Rhodes. The lad hardly ever gets more than ten minutes or so and yet gets slated for his poor goal scoring record. When was the last time he started a run of games? 

Have to agree.

OK he hasn't lived up to expectations when signed but that could be down to service or style of play etc.

You don't go from being a proven goal scorer to struggling overnight without reason.

The lads confidence must be absolutely shot, given we can't score goals and he gets an occasional 10 minutes.

IMO, in the current situation, he should be given a couple of starts before the transfer window opens.

Let's face it, no one else offers up anything at the moment.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Do they fvvckk. I imagine they’ll be told to stay well away from here

They've always been on here mate 

Some browse the site

Some join the site

Some post

You don't have to believe me - I'm not asking you to.

But they do and always have done right from day one

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

It was around the same time his legs still worked, so about three years ago.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

The club ought to specifically instruct players not to come on sites such as this. And they should fine them should it be discovered that they are doing so. Yes, they'll have no trouble get around that should they really want to, but the point is that the club would be making it clear what their view is.

The fans need a buffer zone in which they can say whatever they like.

Twitter is a different matter and anyone who uses it absolutely shouldn't be directly abusive, and though I'm not particularly familiar with Facebook, if there's anything about it which is like an ‘interface’ between fans and players then the same would apply.

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Jordan is that you? Lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They've always been on here mate 

Some browse the site

Some join the site

Some post

You don't have to believe me - I'm not asking you to.

But they do and always have done right from day one

Give names then, Did hooper see the “send hooper home tonight” thread? Lol