If you could choose one player from the DC era to play

4 hours ago, Paddyowl said:

Wallace.

Still had at least another season in him when he left.

Me too, vastly underrated, made us tick and always a goal threat. Lost it a bit towards the end but he was a good technical players and shored up that side of the pitch. We really missed him when he left.

Given the very stringent rules I’d say Wallace. 
Always enjoyed watching him and he scored some great goals! He also would wind up the opposition which had its uses!

Fletcher also made a difference every season he was with us. 
Would prefer a game with different rules based on players being at their best!

Then Hooper and Forrestieri come into the mix 😉

The fact that this is a struggle and we've spent a large fortune on this set of players tells it's own story.

I'm going Hector, Bannan or Hooper.

All come with their floors and none of them are going to win Championship Player of the Season.

Bannan wins it for me, an ever present and if only he had some decent regulars around him

3 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

The fact that this is a struggle and we've spent a large fortune on this set of players tells it's own story.

I'm going Hector, Bannan or Hooper.

All come with their floors and none of them are going to win Championship Player of the Season.

Bannan wins it for me, an ever present and if only he had some decent regulars around him

1st or 2nd floor?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Joao showed remarkable ability during his time here. He was an absolute joy to watch at times. 

He's no better player now, than he was when he was here. He's just got a manager that trusts him and plays him in his best position. The closest he got here was Luhukay...who he performed very well under, but was subject to a more much defensive, structured system than one that allows him to utilise his unpredictable, enigmatic style of play.

Carlos managed Joao horrendously. We had a perfect striker that we had the opportunity to bed in during his first season, and then let him loose in the 2nd. But Carlos went out and signed Fletcher...then Winnall...then Rhodes. All who were less suited to the way we played then Joao. (Don't get me wrong, Fletcher didn't let us down and was a decent signing...but he never suited the style of play under Carlos, and we had to change the system to suit him)

Joao would've got the goals he's scored for Reading, in the system that Carlos played. For me, out of the catalogue of errors we have made since the Playoff final.... not maximising Joao's potential goes down as the biggest error. 

Completely incorrect.

The most league games João played in a season for us was 40 in 2015-16.  Under Carlos.

He got injured the next season. So we signed other strikers and he never became a regular after that.