Pulis’ first 9 games In charge at Stoke

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wont

I don't flip flop like most

If we win a game - GREAT - win another please

If Dunkley plays a couple of games for us after being here for 8 months with one leg - GREAT!! Keep going son. But let's not start with the 'captain' stuff just yet Wednesday fans

If Westwood comes back and manages a game without a howler or an injury - AMAZING - when he does that we win games and we all want that. But let's not start assuming it's going to always be the case

If Pulis wins a game - fantastic!! well done for doing your job on the 9th time off asking - now do it again and again until we're not relegated

Lets keep a level head

And let's not be picking at each other and point scoring if one thing happens and another doesnt

That fair enough mate. I'd began to sense you simply wanted Tone out of the club ASAP. 

However, you make some good points.

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Interesting stat.

I remember United fans berating Wilder and the club for hiring him after he started out his reign with 1 point from 12 in League One, and also getting knocked out of the cup by Crewe. They thought he was out of his depth and wanted him gone.

It likely takes time for the players to begin trusting the methods of these 'hard nosed' style managers, or for the manager to root out the players he can't work with. Hopefully once Tony has earned their respect we'll start to see them going all out for him (and us). Of course you could say they should be doing that already for the money they get paid (..or not paid), but that's obviously not how things work.

United now tho😂

6 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Interesting stat.

I remember United fans berating Wilder and the club for hiring him after he started out his reign with 1 point from 12 in League One, and also getting knocked out of the cup by Crewe. They thought he was out of his depth and wanted him gone.

It likely takes time for the players to begin trusting the methods of these 'hard nosed' style managers, or for the manager to root out the players he can't work with. Hopefully once Tony has earned their respect we'll start to see them going all out for him (and us). Of course you could say they should be doing that already for the money they get paid (..or not paid), but that's obviously not how things work.

1 from 48 now for Wilder.

He must have pressed the wrong button and started channeling Felix Magath.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wont

I don't flip flop like most

If we win a game - GREAT - win another please

If Dunkley plays a couple of games for us after being here for 8 months with one leg - GREAT!! Keep going son. But let's not start with the 'captain' stuff just yet Wednesday fans

If Westwood comes back and manages a game without a howler or an injury - AMAZING - when he does that we win games and we all want that. But let's not start assuming it's going to always be the case

If Pulis wins a game - fantastic!! well done for doing your job on the 9th time off asking - now do it again and again until we're not relegated

Lets keep a level head

And let's not be picking at each other and point scoring if one thing happens and another doesnt

I mean re Dunkley, the season only started 3 and a half months ago😂

Agree with your points in the main though, people get carried away about everything. I remember a thread discussing how Wildsmith saving one with his feet was ‘outstanding’ or sommat. Was pretty regulation for me.

Same with Westwood’s performance today, just a good solid display, did what he needed to. Nothing outstanding I wouldn’t say. He might have had a positive influence on those in front of him etc, but we can’t possibly know that from watching on TV. Only the players and staff know if that’s the case

Reality is most aren’t as good as people say they are when they do well and aren’t as bad as people say they are when they don’t do well. 

Still, makes interesting reading on here that’s for sure 😂

• Like 1