Are Xbox Series X owners feeling deflated already?

@owlstalk

On 21/12/2021 at 14:49, @owlstalk said:

Check out MATRIX game

I'm tempted to get a series X just for that game

I streamed it for an hour or so the other week on twitch.  Was just mouth wide open at how it looks.  You could literally zoom into windows in office blocks like some mad peeping tom.

Love the thread title.  Gamepass is knocking it out of the park.   Rainbow Six Extraction being added on release in two weeks.

• Like 2

Really enjoying game pass, I've always been an online fifa or shooter gamer, but I've really started to enjoy solo campaigns recently, partners taken a big interest and we're well into A plagues tale, The Gunk and we're soon to start Hellblade.

Halo worth playing? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Really enjoying game pass, I've always been an online fifa or shooter gamer, but I've really started to enjoy solo campaigns recently, partners taken a big interest and we're well into A plagues tale, The Gunk and we're soon to start Hellblade.

Halo worth playing? 

I'm playing Halo at the minute and I'm quite enjoying it, I wasn't bothered about any other Halo I've played before, all ways thought they were over rated but I like this one.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 11:56, Django said:

I’ve always been a PS man but that X box game pass looks terrific 

I’ve used it on and off for a few years. I always find myself jumping between games too quickly and playing stuff for 5 minutes for the sake of it, then moving on. And then I still end up buying the games I still actually want on top of the cost of the subscription anyway.

But that’s just me. The value is crazy and if you own an Xbox it’s a total no brainer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’ve used it on and off for a few years. I always find myself jumping between games too quickly and playing stuff for 5 minutes for the sake of it, then moving on. And then I still end up buying the games I still actually want on top of the cost of the subscription anyway.

But that’s just me. The value is crazy and if you own an Xbox it’s a total no brainer. 

Sony are due to announce their new service soon,so hopefully that improves on PS now, which is ok but most of the games on it you can pick up for less than £10 

16 minutes ago, OneManBand said:

I've got a couple of weeks left on my pound trial, if I buy that 3 month now will it be added to the two weeks left. Also do you select xbox(WW) or xbox(EU)

it will just extend your current balance i believe.  mine did anyway.

WW(worldwide) option is discounted compared to EU price. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneManBand said:

Ha, gave me an extra month for free for turning on recurring billing, 20 quid for four months, lovely jubbly.

yeah i got that too.  Was coming to the end of my 3 years gold conversion for 1 euro too lol

5 hours ago, darklord said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-60042409

Microsoft doing a Disney and trying to buy everything up. This time Activision/Blizzard

Not a big fan of the monopolies that seem to be developing recently but a big fan of this potentially removing Bobby Kotick (shame it'll be with a few hundred million dollars more in his pocket rather than firing him into the sun though)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:

does this mean COD will eventually be Microsoft exclusive, if so that sucks ass

Possibly. 

This deal to buy Activision won’t be complete until after July 2023, so Modern Warfare 2 (assuming that’s this years game) will still be on PS5. Have to assume existing scheduling etc will keep the 2024 game on PS5 as well.

After that.. who the hell knows, but probably best not to expect COD games from then. 

5 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Surprised by this as I thought, due to the games that were appearing on Gamepass it was going to be Sega.

Although the rumours were Square Enix.

Who knows MS might also go after those.

I'd be very surprised if a Japanese company agreed to be bought by an American one. Nintendo laughed them out the room when they tried.