Jump to content

Are Xbox Series X owners feeling deflated already?


@owlstalk
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:


Not sure if it helps mate, but a couple of months back I bought 1 month GamePass Ultimate off CDkeys for £12. I found that if I logged into my Xbox account on my PC redeemed the code on the web browser, by turning on auto-renew it turned the 1 month into 2 months for free. 
 

Not sure if that’s still working, but might be a good deal while you look for a better one. 
 

 

Obviously I turned off auto-renew ten seconds later lol 


Have you got the Series X mate? 
 

Mine has just been dispatched now from Amazon. Wasn’t expecting it for another 10 days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Ok, so now I’ve managed to bag myself one of these bad boys, what are the best deals on Gamepass right now?

 

Are there any loopholes where you can end up stacking 20 years of Gamepass for £3.50 or owt like that? 

Not sure if it still works, but I bought a year of gold and converted it to game pass for £1. Can stack up to 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wath-owl said:


Have you got the Series X mate? 
 

Mine has just been dispatched now from Amazon. Wasn’t expecting it for another 10 days. 


Not yet mate. I got Gamepass mainly for the PC stuff. Was very tempted the other day when I had one in my Amazon basket for a couple of hours, but managed to resist. Probably sensible as I have no idea what I’d play on it anyway.

 

I’ll still probably end up getting one before the end of the year and it’ll just be my Gamepass machine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2021 at 05:25, lee81 said:

Not sure if it still works, but I bought a year of gold and converted it to game pass for £1. Can stack up to 3 years.


Just done this now. Bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for £120 from CD Keys, and converted it to Gamepass Ultimate for £1. 
 

3 years of exclusive games, day 1, in addition to the rest of the back catalogue… for the price of 2 retail games. It beggars belief how they can afford to do this, but I ain’t complaining. 
 

Just a shame that you can only stack 3 years because I would happily have stacked 10 if I could. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:


Just done this now. Bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for £120 from CD Keys, and converted it to Gamepass Ultimate for £1. 
 

3 years of exclusive games, day 1, in addition to the rest of the back catalogue… for the price of 2 retail games. It beggars belief how they can afford to do this, but I ain’t complaining. 
 

Just a shame that you can only stack 3 years because I would happily have stacked 10 if I could. 

Absolutely.

Only reason I got 1 year is that it just sounded too good to be true. Got to wait until it's expired now before I do it again.

Try Ori and the Will of the Wisps out if you haven't already, one of the best looking games I've ever played.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lee81 said:

Absolutely.

Only reason I got 1 year is that it just sounded too good to be true. Got to wait until it's expired now before I do it again.

Try Ori and the Will of the Wisps out if you haven't already, one of the best looking games I've ever played.


Will do. I played Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch and really enjoyed it. 
 

First 2 games I’ve downloaded are Octopath Traveller and Forza Horizon 4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wath-owl said:


Just done this now. Bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for £120 from CD Keys, and converted it to Gamepass Ultimate for £1.  



I don't understand what this means - how do you do it and what does it cost?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



I don't understand what this means - how do you do it and what does it cost?


You purchase 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold. 12 month membership is available at CD Keys for £40, so I bought 3 of those and redeemed the codes on the Xbox Store. Total cost £120
 

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

 

Then you follow the following link and convert your Xbox Live membership into Gamepass Ultimate for £1. 
 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

 

That’s all there is to it. 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for £121. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:


You purchase 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold. 12 month membership is available at CD Keys for £40, so I bought 3 of those and redeemed the codes on the Xbox Store. Total cost £120
 

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

 

Then you follow the following link and convert your Xbox Live membership into Gamepass Ultimate for £1. 
 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

 

That’s all there is to it. 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for £121. 

 



Got ya - that's amazing thank you!


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wath-owl said:


Just done this now. Bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for £120 from CD Keys, and converted it to Gamepass Ultimate for £1. 
 

3 years of exclusive games, day 1, in addition to the rest of the back catalogue… for the price of 2 retail games. It beggars belief how they can afford to do this, but I ain’t complaining. 
 

Just a shame that you can only stack 3 years because I would happily have stacked 10 if I could. 


That’s ridiculous. Just insane value for money there. You could quite easily not spend another penny on that console until 2024.

 

Mad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:


That’s ridiculous. Just insane value for money there. You could quite easily not spend another penny on that console until 2024.

 

Mad. 


I honestly don’t think I will now.

 

It’s 100% a Gamepass machine for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can only do it once.  I did it a couple of years ago stacked 3 x 12 month Gold for like £25 each and then converted it all for £1 into ultimate.  Think mine runs out in a year.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing to look at is the Microsoft Rewards program.

 

You essentially get points for doing stuff across Microsoft platforms that can be exchanged for vouchers. Spending money on the Xbox store, playing games via GamePass, using Bing on your phone or laptop to search etc.. will all contribute points. You might find that you've got a bunch of points already depending on how much you've used GamePass. There is a Microsoft Rewards app on the Xbox itself which is worth a look and will give you little tasks to do that will chuck you some points.

 

I'm at a point now where I barely buy any games outside of GamePass. I've got £20 knocked off the price of F1 2021 releasing next week, and will have at least another £10 to knock off FIFA and Battlefield when they release, just from using MS Rewards. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...