Are Xbox Series X owners feeling deflated already?

@owlstalk

4 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

People will always find reasons to justify their own purchase.

Objectively though, whilst the hardware is great and gamepass is excellent, it has been a very lacklustre launch.

It'll get there eventually though.

Will it though?

Xbox One never did. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah so true 

Yeah, what I was getting at is I can’t see Series X/S being any different. 

Early days yeah, but there doesn’t seem to be much on the horizon in the way of Xbox next generation exclusives like there is with PS5. 

PS5 is already outselling Series X/S two to one as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

I’ve got one too, there was just never anything to play on it when compared to the PS4. 

I do think there is a strong argument for PlayStation having the better exclusives — especially in terms of single-player narrative driven experiences. And I can't see Xbox changing that any time soon, even with their recent acquisitions.

• Like 1

It's interesting reading all the comments, for me it's not about Series X vs. PS5. 

For the multi platform games, I'll play Cyberpunk 2077, GTA, Call of Duty, Fifa, Fortnite on the Series X, as an Xbox Gamer.

Along with the xbox exclusives, Hellblade 2, The Medium, Halo Infinite, Stalker 2 etc..

But there's no doubting, down the line, when The Last Of Us 3 comes out, I'll find a way to play that. It's a must play. 

I'm sure Ray Tracing will also be available on both consoles at roughly the same time too.

My Series X gets used a lot more than my ps5. Barely touched the ps5 after finishing Demon's Souls. Bouncing between Gears 5, Gears tactics, Doom Eternal, Forza Horizon 4 and Ori 2 on the series X, gamepass is just unreal value for money. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lee81 said:

My Series X gets used a lot more than my ps5. Barely touched the ps5 after finishing Demon's Souls. Bouncing between Gears 5, Gears tactics, Doom Eternal, Forza Horizon 4 and Ori 2 on the series X, gamepass is just unreal value for money. 

How does Gamepass compare to PS now?

20 minutes ago, Django said:

There's a wider selection of AAA games on game pass and you also get EA play. You can download everything as well instead of having to stream certain titles like ps now does with PS3 games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's interesting reading all the comments, for me it's not about Series X vs. PS5. 

For the multi platform games, I'll play Cyberpunk 2077, GTA, Call of Duty, Fifa, Fortnite on the Series X, as an Xbox Gamer.

Along with the xbox exclusives, Hellblade 2, The Medium, Halo Infinite, Stalker 2 etc..

But there's no doubting, down the line, when The Last Of Us 3 comes out, I'll find a way to play that. It's a must play. 

I'm sure Ray Tracing will also be available on both consoles at roughly the same time too.

Performance on most multiplatform games has shown to be better on PS5 so far. Digital Foundry analysis is mega interesting in this regards Series X is supposed to have a touch more raw power, but PS5's architecture just seems to be the advantage at the moment. 

Ray tracing is already available. Xbox just doesn't have the titles for it at the moment. All the PlayStation launch titles take full advantage of it. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is beautiful in 60fps with Ray Tracing.

2 hours ago, Django said:

Gamepass is vastly superior. Far more titles, day-one releases on there, EA play, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Django said:

PS Now is really good in my opinion. The value isn’t as good as Gamepass, but still not bad by any means. 

I was at my brother’s house last week and was browsing the Gamepass collection on his Xbox. I was quite surprised that many of the multi platform games were the same across both. 

Gamepass’ real selling point is the promise that all first party games will launch on the service day one when released, whereas this will never ever happen with Sony as their games sell so well at retail. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Good point. I meant recent titles. 🙂

There are more PS4 games on PS Now than Xbox One games on Gamepass.

Plenty of recent titles too.

I'm not arguing that Gamepass is better value due to getting EA Access thrown in, as well as first party games launching on there, but PS Now deserves more recognition than it gets. At £50rrp for 12 months it is also a ridiculously good value that most PlayStation gamers should be getting in on. Criminally underrated service in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

I think Quick Resume is the best feature across either of the new consoles having 4 or 5 games essentially in a pause state really feels like a game changer and combined with GamePass it makes it possible to have a big RPG, a quick blast game like FIFA or Rocket League and an indie pallet cleanser or two on the go all at once. I know loading time are better across the board which is great but taking some of the repetitive admin out of launching each game really makes a difference.

• Thanks 2