Chey Dunkley on pay situation

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Interesting he said it was confidential but it’s ended up out in the open, didn’t sound too impressed about it been out either

Not sure, probably just didn’t want to say anything too controversial. It’s a tough question when put on the spot. 

He won’t be happy with it. Neither will the rest of the players. Hence the leaks to the press, the meeting with the finance guy and the PFA involvement.  

Guest Grandad

It's the last day in the office for us before Christmas today.

And traditionally we always pay December pay on the last day. I've just told the staff I'm paying them 25% of their usual wages and I'll make up the rest when I get back from my fortnight's break in the Maldives

I'm just waiting for the fire brigade now

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

It's the last day in the office for us before Christmas today.

And traditionally we always pay December pay on the last day. I've just told the staff I'm paying them 25% of their usual wages and I'll make up the rest when I get back from my fortnight's break in the Maldives

I'm just waiting for the fire brigade now

Glad to see you singing from the Wednesday hymn sheet 

Back in 2 weeks 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A player signed with a broken leg discusses the fact the first team squad hasn't been paid properly in recent months.

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday in 2020.

Most of the players Monk signed this summer have got crocked. Dunkley, Brown, Flint, Marriot. 

I like this lad he’s a refreshing change for us. 
If we can get Flint back those two would be a great pairing. 
The noises that come out of the club like him and TP don’t reflect what’s happening on the pitch sadly. The old saying. Words are cheap. 

14 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

I like this lad he’s a refreshing change for us. 
If we can get Flint back those two would be a great pairing. 
The noises that come out of the club like him and TP don’t reflect what’s happening on the pitch sadly. The old saying. Words are cheap. 

Good luck with that, by the time Flint is fit again he won't be our player, looking at mid-February for him to be playing again.

Fair play to Dunkley for fronting up, he seems like a decent bloke but got to say I am fearful about his fitness. Thrown back into the fold without any academy games after 10 months out and as things stand is one of only 2 fit first team centre-backs. 

I wouldn't say he has played that well in his two games either, we've conceded 4 goals in the 150 minutes he has played so far, hopefully that will improve f he can get a run of games under his belt.

He seems a nice enough kid

Says what you'd expect someone in his position to say - nothing more than that at all

He's had two ok games

When he has a bad game people will be on his back

And then if he does a press interview like today when he's playing poorly he'll get crucified by people
And probably booed by our fans when they get back to Hillsborough

It's just how it is

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Says what you'd expect someone in his position to say - nothing more than that at all

He's had two ok games

And then if he does a press interview like today when he's playing poorly he'll get crucified by people

It's just how it is

I think the more reasonable fans will judge the club on this rather than the player if he doesn't get up to speed. Not his fault we offered him a 2 year contract while he was still way short of being in any condition to play. I wouldn't expect a player to turn that down. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I think the more reasonable fans will judge the club on this rather than the player if he doesn't get up to speed. Not his fault we offered him a 2 year contract while he was still way short of being in any condition to play. I wouldn't expect a player to turn that down. 

No - I'm in no way criticising Dunkley at all

Just saying it how it is

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's had two ok games

It's just how it is

What was wrong with his interview today? 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

What was wrong with his interview today? 

Nothing at all 

Nor was it anything amazing or spectacular at all

He didn't say a single thing that was 'wow!!' or 'that's impressive'

If you wrote it down and handed it to any other player to say  people would not be paying much attention to it at all

Nothing  wrong with it at all - but definitely not 'wow this kid's captain material' stuff at all either

Just 'ok' or 'standard'

It was totally fine

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But surely they'd tell him

Otherwise how come the PFA are involved and how would the meeting with the finance director have gone if it was all through mind control?

He doesn't need to read anyone's minds to know what they think as someone is clearly leaking it all over the shop

We know it's one of our goalies as they can't keep hold of fizz all, never mind secrets!!!