It's Your Fault

Just now, MrsHall said:

Don’t get it...they know who to refund...just fkn cough (not a dig at the poor first who work for him by the way...). UTO.

You are making the assumption they want to pay.....that's where it falls down. lol

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad

Given todays news I will be on to my card provider for a chargeback first thing tomorrow.

If they can't pay the players - they sure as hell aren't going to prioritise fans. And if they do go bust - you'll not get a penny

Edited by Grandad

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Given todays news I will be on to my card provider for a chargeback first thing tomorrow.

If they can't pay the players - they sure as hell aren't going to prioritise fans. And if they do go bust - you'll not get a penny

For last season only, or this season too?

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

For last season only, or this season too?

Ive never bought a season ticket until the day before the new season. Its just how Ive always done it. I dont worry about the early bird thing. Which Ive always seen as a damn cheek - asking fans to invest in a ticket before the outcome of the season is known.

So Ive not got one for this season. Thankfully

3 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Why do they need to phone supporters at all?

Everywhere else I bought from that has had events cancelled, etc, have automatically refunded back to the original payment method.

Also.... if they have received your email, why can't they arrange to get in touch with you directly via that and process your refund? Surely that is quicker because they have a guaranteed contact.

This whole refunds thing is a pure shambles all round.

I'm baffled by this too. I've had experience of a few online merchant systems and there's always a simple option to refund or part refund.

Thing is we can only be talking around £1m , which is bot a huge amount in the great scheme of things.

That bill is going to hit £5m+ though if we don't get fans in this season, which is entirely feasible. They'd do well to keep the season ticket holders onside if they want any prospect of those same customers accepting a credit for a League One season ticket at the same price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm baffled by this too. I've had experience of a few online merchant systems and there's always a simple option to refund or part refund.

Thing is we can only be talking around £1m , which is bot a huge amount in the great scheme of things.

That bill is going to hit £5m+ though if we don't get fans in this season, which is entirely feasible. They'd do well to keep the season ticket holders onside if they want any prospect of those same customers accepting a credit for a League One season ticket at the same price.

Spot on. Alarmingly, DC always finds a way to extract every last bit of agony and ineptitude from a situation. Alienating season ticket holders and essentially laying waste to that future revenue stream is typical DC.

Who in their right mind would see this club as a viable prospective purchase under those circumstances.

If his aim had been the destruction of this club and everything it once represented he could not have done a better job.

• Like 1

FWIW 

I don’t get many new numbers calling me 

Lately I’ve had calls from 2 mobile numbers, a Huddersfield number, and an 0114 one that comes up as Ponds Forge. 

No idea why they’d have my number...  maybe that have staff sat at Ponds Forge ?

(apologies if I open the floodgates for ‘this is the number that tried to call me’ replies) 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd like to know

1) Why they didn't immediately outsource this to a local call centre to do for them

2) Why they're calling from a weird looking phone number instead of simply changing it to a Sheffield number (which can be done free and within minutes of requesting that)

3) If they're actually sat manually dialling 8000 numbers one by one and not using an automated dialler

4) How long they give it before hanging up and dialling the next number

5) If they're only calling in the hours that our staff doing this calling up fans work (e.g. 9 to 5) or if they're calling in the evenings too when everyone is at home and actually likely to answer

6) If someone doesn't answer what happens? Do they continue down the list to the next fan waiting for a refund, or do they sit repeatedly calling the same fan until they answer? 

7)   How many attempts to you make to each fan before putting their number to one side and going down the list?

8 ) If they're making repeat calls to the same person who's not answered are they varying the times that they're trying? E.G if they call Pete Smith on a  Monday at 11am and he doesn't answer are they then calling him on Tuesday at 11am or are they trying him next time at 7pm? (e.g. if he's at work he's gonna be at work so are they trying him at different times to get hold of him?)

I could go on but I'm too angry/frustrated at this one

Point 6

A sensible well run operation would work from something as simple as a spreadsheet, when no one answers mark it for a call back in 7 days.

I could answer your other questions but it’s clear you know what your on about.

DC will give us some rhetoric about family within the next 3 weeks, wishing us a prosperous new year and then disappear while his new man takes us to league 1.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Good luck with the chargeback, let us all know how you get on. 
Despite his fiscal uselessness, there’ll be some clause that restricts fans from this kind of activity. 
No references to Santa please.

😙