Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

120 days, I think is the standard. 

 

So thats no chance on last year's and I'd be pretty sure you would be scuppered on this year's. 

 

 

 

Just checked. If you paid any amount of the purchase on a credit card you have SIX YEARS to make a claim under Section 75.

 

If you paid by debit card it is at your bank's discretion, so still worth asking.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


 

They should prioritise the Wise Old Owls and work back from oldest fan to youngest (sorry young uns) otherwise because it’s gonna take so long there well could be fans who don’t live long enough to actually get a call 

 

wow first the triple lock now this!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I was in the club shop last monday (7th) and they said they were up to the ‘19th July’ in so far as those had claimed for full refunds.

Well they’ve missed me out then the sh1thouses. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeeJayOne said:

 

Just checked. If you paid any amount of the purchase on a credit card you have SIX YEARS to make a claim under Section 75.

 

If you paid by debit card it is at your bank's discretion, so still worth asking.

 

 

Deffo. 

 

Infact I'd positively encourage those that can to do it. While and if you can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stoff said:

Well they’ve missed me out then the sh1thouses. 



Did you answer your phone?

 

If not the club don’t refund you and move onto the next one

 

They let it ring for two seconds then put the phone down and tick *didn’t answer so doesn’t want refund* 

 

 

 

*disclaimer for the hard of thinking - this is obviously a joke ffs)

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

Just checked. If you paid any amount of the purchase on a credit card you have SIX YEARS to make a claim under Section 75.

 

If you paid by debit card it is at your bank's discretion, so still worth asking.

 

 

 

We all called him a nutter for doing it, but that 10-year season ticket scheme is starting to make sense!


:Chansiri:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When they phone ya  do yoh know it's from the club or is if a random 01142 number...

If it's the latter I wouldn't answer..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I was in the club shop last monday (7th) and they said they were up to the ‘19th July’ in so far as those had claimed for full refunds.

I applied for mine in June but not heard anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DazUK said:

When they phone ya  do yoh know it's from the club or is if a random 01142 number...

If it's the latter I wouldn't answer..


 

Its not an 0114 number at all mate

 

Its a weird random one that I definitely wouldn’t answer if they rang me using it 

 

They could switch the number to a Sheffield 0114 one

 

Takes about ten minutes and doesn’t cost anything to do

 

How do I know this?
I used to have this done regularly at the businesses I managed at 

Edited by @owlstalk

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Surely that should speed up the process?

 

Supporter doesn't answer phone: move on to the next customer.

 

Unless they're just dialling the same number thousands of times until someone eventually picks up!?

 

:duntmatter:

The definition of insanity, repeating the same thing and expecting a different result. That's the Wednesday way.

 

:duntmatter:

Link to post
Share on other sites



Here are my points and questions about this season ticket refund process the club are doing right now 

 

I'd like to know

 

1) Why they didn't immediately outsource this to a local call centre to do for them
 

2) Why they're calling from a weird looking phone number instead of simply changing it to a Sheffield number (which can be done free and within minutes of requesting that)
 

3) If they're actually sat manually dialling 8000 numbers one by one and not using an automated dialler
 

4) How long they give it before hanging up and dialling the next number
 

5) If they're only calling in the hours that our staff doing this calling up fans work (e.g. 9 to 5) or if they're calling in the evenings too when everyone is at home and actually likely to answer

6) If someone doesn't answer what happens? Do they continue down the list to the next fan waiting for a refund, or do they sit repeatedly calling the same fan until they answer? 

 

7)   How many attempts to you make to each fan before putting their number to one side and going down the list?

 

8 ) If they're making repeat calls to the same person who's not answered are they varying the times that they're trying? E.G if they call Pete Smith on a  Monday at 11am and he doesn't answer are they then calling him on Tuesday at 11am or are they trying him next time at 7pm? (e.g. if he's at work he's gonna be at work so are they trying him at different times to get hold of him?)

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Did you answer your phone?

 

If not the club don’t refund you and move onto the next one

 

They let it ring for two seconds then put the phone down and tick *didn’t answer so doesn’t want refund* 

 

 

 

*disclaimer for the hard of thinking - this is obviously a joke ffs)

Their answer suggests they don't move on as thays the reason they haven't got to us yet as others aren't answering their phones. They are tying themselves in knots with the excuses given. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DazUK said:

When they phone ya  do yoh know it's from the club or is if a random 01142 number...

If it's the latter I wouldn't answer..

 

0330 but said Hillsborough stadium on my android phone

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Their answer suggests they don't move on as thays the reason they haven't got to us yet as others aren't answering their phones. They are tying themselves in knots with the excuses given. 


 

I have no idea what they’re doing or how they’re managing it 


The questions I have asked I have asked from a position of vast experience doing the very job that they are doing and managing teams who do it 

 

I’m not convinced the club have or are tackling this process as efficiently as they could or should

 

If you have no experience of this kind of job (even though on paper it sounds like the easiest job in the world) you can actually reach a situation where you spend thousands of pounds on staff sat ringing numbers over and over but never even scratching the surface of your calling list

 

Ps the staff doing this job - if it’s not their every day job - will be HATING EVERY SECOND of it and even more so if they’re manually dialling the numbers 

 

I would plead with whoever at the club could make the decision - to outsource this job NOW to a local call centre business such as CC33 who know what they’re doing and how to get it done efficiently and properly otherwise it will end up with the club spending thousands of pounds more than they should 


 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Section 75

 

When using a credit card, you also have what is known as Section 75 protection. If it applies, your card provider may be equally responsible for compensating you as well as the retailer or supplier.

 

When does it apply?

 

This law (part of the Consumer Credit Act 1974) protects you if you use your credit card to buy something costing over £100 and up to £30,000.

  • If you paid with your credit card, you may be legally entitled to get some or all of your money back if:
  • the product or service is faulty
  • the company you bought the product or service from breaks their contract with you
  • the company you bought the product or service from does not deliver what they have promised (also known as a misrepresentation).

 

If the above applies you may be entitled to your money back even if the company has gone out of business and ceased trading.

 

You are even able to claim if you only used your credit card to pay for part of the cost of what you bought.

 

You will need to prove your claim. The retailer’s terms and conditions, and/or details of what was said during any transaction that you have relied on, will be important in helping you.

 

There can be complex legal and factual issues arising and each case will depend upon its own facts.

 

What does it cover?

 

If it applies, the protection may cover the cost of your original transaction and any losses you have over and above the original amount you paid. For example, if an airline goes out of business and you incur additional costs to get back home, you may be able to claim these (although it may depend on what the airline’s terms and conditions say about other losses).

 

How do I claim?

 

You should address a Section 75 claim to your credit card provider.

 

How long have I got?

 

You should make a claim within six years of buying the goods or services or, in cases of non-receipt, when you were due to receive them.

 

What do I need to prove my claim?

 

You should provide your credit card provider with:

  • details of the purchase
  • details of anything that was said that you have relied on
  • any contract you were given
  • any other correspondence you have had with the retailer when trying to fix the problem.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Section 75

 

When using a credit card, you also have what is known as Section 75 protection. If it applies, your card provider may be equally responsible for compensating you as well as the retailer or supplier.

 

When does it apply?

 

This law (part of the Consumer Credit Act 1974) protects you if you use your credit card to buy something costing over £100 and up to £30,000.

  • If you paid with your credit card, you may be legally entitled to get some or all of your money back if:
  • the product or service is faulty
  • the company you bought the product or service from breaks their contract with you
  • the company you bought the product or service from does not deliver what they have promised (also known as a misrepresentation).

 

If the above applies you may be entitled to your money back even if the company has gone out of business and ceased trading.

 

You are even able to claim if you only used your credit card to pay for part of the cost of what you bought.

 

You will need to prove your claim. The retailer’s terms and conditions, and/or details of what was said during any transaction that you have relied on, will be important in helping you.

 

There can be complex legal and factual issues arising and each case will depend upon its own facts.

 

What does it cover?

 

If it applies, the protection may cover the cost of your original transaction and any losses you have over and above the original amount you paid. For example, if an airline goes out of business and you incur additional costs to get back home, you may be able to claim these (although it may depend on what the airline’s terms and conditions say about other losses).

 

How do I claim?

 

You should address a Section 75 claim to your credit card provider.

 

How long have I got?

 

You should make a claim within six years of buying the goods or services or, in cases of non-receipt, when you were due to receive them.

 

What do I need to prove my claim?

 

You should provide your credit card provider with:

  • details of the purchase
  • details of anything that was said that you have relied on
  • any contract you were given
  • any other correspondence you have had with the retailer when trying to fix the problem.

Cheers, might throw this in and see what reaction I get. I did reply saying I can give them a time slot where I guarantee an answer tomorrow morning and reiterated my phone number so see if they step up and do what's ethically correct. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JOCOWl said:

Cheers, might throw this in and see what reaction I get. I did reply saying I can give them a time slot where I guarantee an answer tomorrow morning and reiterated my phone number so see if they step up and do what's ethically correct. 

 


 

Surely if they call you they’re calling to refund you?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Surely if they call you they’re calling to refund you?

Yes I'd like to think so... I meant I'd chuck it in if I don't get a call, go into bat on email again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...