It's Your Fault

26 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Why do they need to phone supporters at all?

Everywhere else I bought from that has had events cancelled, etc, have automatically refunded back to the original payment method.

Also.... if they have received your email, why can't they arrange to get in touch with you directly via that and process your refund? Surely that is quicker because they have a guaranteed contact.

This whole refunds thing is a pure shambles all round.

It is amazing.

They respond to someone via an email conversation with them to say that they can't process claims because they can't make contact by phone or they are not next on the list!

You have established contact and are having a conversation - just deal with it via email and cross them off the list! 

22 minutes ago, trev said:

Gaining all that yummy interest.

DC is a clever guy.

Apart from the fact those people will think twice before buying again.

Although didn't DC once say he didn't like season tickets and he would like to get rid of them? Or did I dream that up? If it's true he's a genius.

Imagine if there was no COVID-based restriction on fans now, and we didn't have any season tickets so all support would be based on matchday income.

How many fans are turning up to pay on a match by match basis to see a team with two home wins in 2020 that doesn't make much of an effort to attack when they are losing. 

11 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I rarely answer my phone if I don’t know the number as it’s always someone chasing me for money I don’t have or some kind of ‘have you been in a car accident’ cold call nonsense! 

Just text people if you need to get hold of them (which surely you don’t to give them a sodding refund!).

You can’t make it up at the moment. Wednesday are about as credible as the government at the moment!

Same here, and I spend most of the day in meetings / other calls. Its a pathetic excuse driving more frustration. In struggling to keep showing interest in this outfit. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd like to know

1) Why they didn't immediately outsource this to a local call centre to do for them

2) Why they're calling from a weird looking phone number instead of simply changing it to a Sheffield number (which can be done free and within minutes of requesting that)

3) If they're actually sat manually dialling 8000 numbers one by one and not using an automated dialler

4) How long they give it before hanging up and dialling the next number

5) If they're only calling in the hours that our staff doing this calling up fans work (e.g. 9 to 5) or if they're calling in the evenings too when everyone is at home and actually likely to answer

6) If someone doesn't answer what happens? Do they continue down the list to the next fan waiting for a refund, or do they sit repeatedly calling the same fan until they answer? 

7)   How many attempts to you make to each fan before putting their number to one side and going down the list?

8 ) If they're making repeat calls to the same person who's not answered are they varying the times that they're trying? E.G if they call Pete Smith on a  Monday at 11am and he doesn't answer are they then calling him on Tuesday at 11am or are they trying him next time at 7pm? (e.g. if he's at work he's gonna be at work so are they trying him at different times to get hold of him?)

I could go on but I'm too angry/frustrated at this one

Join the club, not literally! It's a complete shambles and they should be embarrassed at how they are going about it. Hope this drives some action and answers. 

27 minutes ago, trev said:

Gaining all that yummy interest.

DC is a clever guy.

Apart from the fact those people will think twice before buying again.

Although didn't DC once say he didn't like season tickets and he would like to get rid of them? Or did I dream that up? If it's true he's a genius.

I'm rapidly falling closer to the think twice before buying again category. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Imagine if there was no COVID-based restriction on fans now, and we didn't have any season tickets so all support would be based on matchday income.

How many fans are turning up to pay on a match by match basis to see a team with two home wins in 2020 that doesn't make much of an effort to attack when they are losing. 

100%. It would be horrific. Although as we all know it's the fans that make it hard for the players to play. 

Oh no....wait

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It is amazing.

They respond to someone via an email conversation with them to say that they can't process claims because they can't make contact by phone or they are not next on the list!

You have established contact and are having a conversation - just deal with it via email and cross them off the list! 

Mind blowing isn't it. 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

What sort of money are we talking about? 
like the total of all season tickets involved if say everyone asked for a refund?

This is for last season, not this. So for me £150 as an adult and junior ticket on the North. 

53 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

At this point I'd be onto my card provider/bank and seeing about a chargeback.

Maybe a couple of thousand claims with their payment gateway provider and potential to have their payment gateway suspended or terminated will speed them up a bit?

Tell us more. 

32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It is amazing.

It's almost as if there's more to it...

:duntmatter:

54 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

At this point I'd be onto my card provider/bank and seeing about a chargeback.

Maybe a couple of thousand claims with their payment gateway provider and potential to have their payment gateway suspended or terminated will speed them up a bit?

It might depend on the age of the transaction. The window to file a chargeback isn't open indefinitely, at some point they will tell you to work it out with the vendor.

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

It might depend on the age of the transaction. The window to file a chargeback isn't open indefinitely, at some point they will tell you to work it out with the vendor.

120 days, I think is the standard. 

So thats no chance on last year's and I'd be pretty sure you would be scuppered on this year's. 

Edited by Maddogbob

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

There may be time limits if you paid with a bank debit card, but I'm not sure if you paid by credit card.

Always check with your bank/credit card company in case.

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I was in the club shop last monday (7th) and they said they were up to the ‘19th July’ in so far as those had claimed for full refunds.

They should prioritise the Wise Old Owls and work back from oldest fan to youngest (sorry young uns) otherwise because it’s gonna take so long there well could be fans who don’t live long enough to actually get a call 

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

SWFC - "So err, thing is right, that some people don't answer their phone, so that's why you've not got your refund..."

ST holder - "Why do you need to talk to me on the phone?"

SWFC - "err.. so... what it is right... err, I'm just going to talk to my supervisor..."

SWFC - "so, yeah, like I said, it's because some people aren't answering their phone, so that's why. Is there anything else i can help you with?"