Wednesday AFC

35 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

How do you know it would be a disaster you mistic meg, if DC had run the club in the right way in the first place people wouldn't be talking about this, a small well run club wouldn't end up being a disaster, and like the majority of owls fan I don't want to get involved with anything that involves s2.

Fair enough pal neither do I but if dis great club was to go I just can't see myself watching div x football in a tinpot ground.. Were all getting carried away cause the way our club being run trends like dis are not helping 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Can you imagine the absolute chaos of  15'000 +  Wednesday fans cramming into a tiny rented ground share somewhere, like the university place at Don Valley . 

I genuinely think SWFC fans just want a team to go and support that gives 100%. The league is irrelevant, the standard is irrelevant...just need a squad of players in blue and white stripes to cheer on.  

That was very much the impression that came across from watching the recent TV programme about the establishing of a new club in Bury , following the expulsion of Bury FC from the League.

The local supporters just wanted a team that had links to the local community and which they could identify with and cheer on and support.

The people involved in setting up and running AFC Bury came across as just ordinary decent committed individuals - if they can do it, why can’t we ?

• Like 3

Always thought there should be a Sheffield City or Sheffield Central club where Unitedites and  Wednesdayites could spend Saturday afternoons when their favourites are away.   Red and blue stripes with white shorts.   Non sectarian (ie neutral in every way).   Playing on derelict industrial land within a mile or so of the centre, so it's not in Wednesday or Uniteds backyard.

I remember years ago when John Pearson became manager of Sheffield FC (Sheffield club as it's often known).   He came out with some very bold statements, such as he wanted them to be playing in the Vauxhall Conference in a few years.

I actually thought that was great.  Not living in Sheffield, I had to read up on Sheffield FC.   They are an amateur club, always have been and seemingly always will be....... so they'll never get as far as the National League (old Vauxhall Conference).   Also they are wanderers.  Played at Don Valley, Owlerton stadium...... and I think at Dronfield nowadays, which isn't even in Yorkshire..... miles away for anyone living in North West Sheffield (Hillsboro area).

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.   An FC Wednesday of Sheffield wouldn't work.   

3 hours ago, nort pole owl said:

Fair enough pal neither do I but if dis great club was to go I just can't see myself watching div x football in a tinpot ground.. Were all getting carried away cause the way our club being run trends like dis are not helping 

It would be a catastrophe if we lost our great club but I'd rather attend anything named Wednesday than go anywhere near the lane, we just got to hope things get better in the long run if not we'll have to have a contingency👍

• Like 1