Maybe he has introduced performance based pay?

Hence the reductions in wages?

Maybe he sneaked it through in the small print of all the contracts.

Smart guy our DC.

My mate works for the Royal Mail, and part of his job is to process all the mail that has illegible addresses.

One day last week, a letter came to his desk, addressed in shaky handwriting, to Father Christmas. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. He opened it and it read:

Dear Father Christmas,
I am a 93-year-old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had £100.00 in it, which was all the money I have until my next pension money. In a couple of Sunday's it is Christmas, and I have invited two of my friends over for dinner.

Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me? I could really do with you delivering anything before Xmas Day.
Sincerely, Edna

My mate was touched so he showed the letter to all of the other workers.

Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few pounds. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96.00, which they put into an envelope and delivered in the post the next day to the woman.

He told me all of the workers felt a warm glow for the kind thing they had done. Then a few days ago, another letter came from the old lady, to Father Christmas again.

All of the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:
Dear Father Christmas,
How can I ever thank you enough for what you have done for me?

Because of your gift of love, I am now able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. I'm sure we'll all have a very nice day and I've told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was £4 missing. I think it must have been those thieving b*stards at the Royal Mail ...

Sincerely, Edna..

• Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who thinks there won’t be bitter resentment from the players for the rest of the season is naive

Also - kiss goodbye to Bannan, Reach and Lees

Retaining them 3 is the least of our worries 

Hit the reset button 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He got dogs abuse for helping us out 

Why would he be interested?

I know mate but he must have known that abuse comes with footy before Chairing us.

Hoping that a kid from Cross who built a great firm from nowt and flogged to BT for millions might have contacts we will shortly need.

Or anyone really.

Just now, wilyfox said:

If, for the first time, the players have not been paid in full for a month, that is a new problem for Pulis to contend with that Monk did have as the rest soon followed. That’s what I’m trying to establish?

I agree its a problem, but who's to say it didn't also exist under Monk. We ALL were gobsmacked at the fall from 3rd - something also happened whilst Monk was here behind the scenes. 

The managers are being sold short.

I think players should be paid by effort and after the last four games they deserve nothing Because if they are using that as an excuse not to perform And potentially relegate our club they should be ashamed of herself Because it seems like there is a glitch somewhere in the system it’s happened last November and in June of this year and last And agreed it’s not very nice for the players that it’s an off field matter I should’ve been Treated like one

• Haha 1
Just now, Owlsend said:

I think players should be paid by effort and after the last four games they deserve nothing Because if they are using that as an excuse not to perform And potentially relegate our club they should be ashamed of herself Because it seems like there is a glitch somewhere in the system it’s happened last November and in June of this year and last And agreed it’s not very nice for the players that it’s an off field matter I should’ve been Treated like one

Glitch in the system 

lol

Owlstalk Shop