CONFIRMED

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well, yes it is. But if that is the criteria you are setting then at a stroke you've just rendered about 90% of the content on Owlstalk as irrelevant. 

Debating players, tactics etc is slightly different to an ‘oh I told you so’ post which does nothing to engage debate.

Fair does though 

Here is the sad thing.

In the last 30 years , each cycle apart from one has ended up here.

the Richards era ended in financial chaos, a fire sale and relegation in 2000

the Strafford era ended up in financial chaos, a courtroom and relegation

the Milan era ended with us having random charges against the stadium, and getting players out of retirement to play who weren’t fit enough to run and take corners

the DC era is ending with points deductions, relegation, players not paid and stadiums sold .

thank god for the sound management and prudence of Dave Allen. A shining beacon of economic sense in comparison. 

• Haha 1

I was always weary when these so called super agents attached themselves to clubs.  

From what I have read online, they like to attach themselves to a club with wealthy naive owners.  

It's a sad state of affairs.

It gets worse by the week, and I suspect much more is to come.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Unless I'm misreading, it now reads Sheffield Wednesday

Gives you an idea of how carefully people are reading Owlstalk right now

The website header (so what shows in the tab) is LCFC, not the document header. 

Means that most likely we've taken the Leicester T&C page, changed the text but forgot to change the stuff in the header.

Might be common practice tbf, doubt they change that much to write them out each time. Just thought it was interesting because it's Leicester. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

A mess we’re in because we gave out huge contracts unsustainable under FFP. The same contracts we now can’t afford to honour. The very thing FFP was designed to stop.

Massive viscous circle with a huge mix of irony. 

Importantly too, those contracts were for players with poor resale value to claw money back should the gamble fail. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyway - does anyone know where I can buy some custom car mats for a 2012 Renault Megane Dynamique TomTom?

They have to be posted to me though - I can’t go collect them as my windows don’t wind down

Someone I knew used to have a book of carpet samples for that. 

Guest Hornsby
9 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Is Azerbaijan still the land of fire and Billionaires?

That would be really desperate.

Gotta horrible feeling we are going way of Pompey, Wigan, Bury , Coventry and other car crashes with vanity drivers.

Give a rich kid a Ferrari - ok Volvo in Owls terms - and it's going around a lampost. 

Sickening.