CONFIRMED

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Very angry.

Watching all this unfold is so painful. A club that means so much to so many people being dragged through the mud. 

Worse than Dave Allen. 

Be cracking start to the new year if, live via Zoom, Chansiri called us cretins!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

I was of the understanding an agent cannot own a football club, or have players under ownership of said agent/s

But synical me thinks there arè ways round it.

Btw i ain't knowledgeable, just what I have always thought.

I have genuinely absolutely no idea how it works

Perhaps there's a way to manufacture enough degrees of separation that it doesn't appear an agent has any investment when in fact they do?

As I say, I have absolutely no idea if it's possible. And I'm sure even if it was, no individual would ever do that.

11 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Club ownership details are here: https://www.swfc.co.uk/club/company-details/#:~:text=Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited,owned by Mr Dejphon Chansiri. 

Click on the link there, takes you to this: https://www.swfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdf-links/terms-and-conditions-of-purchase.pdf

Header for that page is 'LCFC TERMS & CONDITIONS'.

Seems we've just repurposed Leicester's stuff there?

So we're owned by Leicester City then?!?

Maybe we will be getting Vardy in January!

Get in!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

I was of the understanding an agent cannot own a football club, or have players under ownership of said agent/s

But synical me thinks there arè ways round it.

Btw i ain't knowledgeable, just what I have always thought.

Surely no club would have a 'front man' who ticks the very strict (ask Wigan)  EFL 'fit and proper' boxes

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
11 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Club ownership details are here: https://www.swfc.co.uk/club/company-details/#:~:text=Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited,owned by Mr Dejphon Chansiri. 

Click on the link there, takes you to this: https://www.swfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdf-links/terms-and-conditions-of-purchase.pdf

Christ, can it get any more embarrassing.

So let me get this straight.

The chairman’s incompetence meant we started the season on -12 points.

He is now expecting players fighting to get out the mess HE CAUSED to do so without being paid properly.

Can you maybe see why the players are massively pee’d off? Not only are they starting a season at a huge disadvantage no fault of their own. They are now expected to get the chairman out of that mess without being paid properly. 

What a joke.

• Like 7

Guest mrbluesky
17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why in times like this are people playing the ‘I told you so’ game? 

So what if you did, what the hell does that matter?

odd odd people 

Tbf, I did tell you so.

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Could also ask why at times like this some people are playing the 'what about those playing the 'I told you so' game'?

Perhaps, some should be chastened by not only refusing to acknowledge the warning signs, but also aggressively taking on those who pointed such things out, instead of continuing to fight such a battle when it is on the verge of being lost?

But it’s all redundant isn’t it, whether us as fans chose to believe it or not. What would have happened? We’re powerless 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

As I say, I have absolutely no idea if it's possible. And I'm sure even if it was, no individual would ever do that.

I have tried, you can find some details at companies house website..many times tracking down players agents, leads to company house.

Some agents have massive networks of companies. Occaisionally when disolved or director resigns they lead to others...and others.

It is to try and distance from one 'famous' agency.

Once, I found they/someone had made a mistake..an old linkedin page was still active, with names etc etc...nothing untoward  except of course some names linked together they would rather not now be in the public domain.

A day later it was gone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Unless I'm misreading, it now reads Sheffield Wednesday

Gives you an idea of how carefully people are reading Owlstalk right now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

But it’s all redundant isn’t it, whether us as fans chose to believe it or not. What would have happened? We’re all but powerless 

Well, yes it is. But if that is the criteria you are setting then at a stroke you've just rendered about 90% of the content on Owlstalk as irrelevant. 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So let me get this straight.

The chairman’s incompetence meant we started the season on -12 points.

He is now expecting players fighting to get out the mess HE CAUSED to do so without being paid properly.

Can you maybe see why the players are massively pee’d off? Not only are they starting a season at a huge disadvantage no fault of their own. They are now expected to get the chairman out of that mess without being paid properly. 

What a joke.

A mess we’re in because we gave out huge contracts unsustainable under FFP. The same contracts we now can’t afford to honour. The very thing FFP was designed to stop.

Massive viscous circle with a huge mix of irony.