CONFIRMED

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Again, purely a general musing, non-specific and more a brain fart than anything else...

I wonder how easy it would be for an individual or party to have financial interests and investments in a sporting club without that coming to light and being disclosed. Could such individual(s) hide in plain sight whilst their financial stakeholdership remain unknown? Especially if the narrative coming from the owner of said sporting club was constantly that they were the soul investor and financial contributor. Could other companies be used as a means of injecting funds... and if so, would the investors in THOSE companies have to be disclosed and made public knowledge?

I genuinely don't know, would be interested to know if someone more knowledgeable than I could provide an answer.

In the early days of the takeover I seem to remember persistent rumours of a certain someone's involvement going well beyond the status of mere technical advisor. Didn't Steve Bruce hint at that too by saying he was 'part of the furniture' or something like that? Chansiri has been unusually sensitive when questions have been asked about it as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Shetland Owl said:

Will not motivate players, but i am sure this is happening at other clubs

Cannot see Bannan , Reach or Lees resigning

I’ve no idea how clubs are affording to shell out hundreds of thousands a week in player wages despite the lack of revenue. Most clubs in the championship were making a loss before the pandemic. 

• Like 2

there is a very real threat this club could be gone even before end of this season , im expecting we wont be the only club to go bust either , these endless and in my book way over the top restrictions in life are going to result in many businesses going bust and a lot will never return . whats strange though if we are in such trouble you wouldn`t offer terms to 3 of our highest earners now for the next 2years in your in the league below with very little finances coming in , inc no 7million from sky.  the league will hit us with another embargo (the ink for that will be writing now) and be several more points off for that , then administation -15points next season and down to league 2. chansiri will still want 150 million for us in league 2. this aint ending well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tweet should have read.

CONFIRMED

SWFC Players delivered results based performance cap during calendar year 2020

In retribution (Or Insolvency planning) Club implements salary cap. The PFA will have been involved already. The players will receive all payments in full.

Season ticket holders are still awaiting news on their refunds for 2018/2019.

The Financial Accounts are overdue for the same period.

Ten year season ticket marketing was the final phase in the scheme that is SWFCs financial planning.

In fairness to Rob Station, there was a time where I thought he was being overly negative to SWFC, and technically you can't get all of the above on a tweet.

12 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Does that depend on where the company is incorporated.... different rules in other countries? 

I guess it does... wonder if there are any countries where you could register a company and not disclose those with financial interests... then use that company to work or invest overseas?

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Indeed. Sound right to you?

I find it astonishing that some people still cling to public statements by players, managers and chairmen as if they are making them in front of a high court. The majority of what they say is nothing but perfunctory and non-committal box ticking most of the time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

F00k me

When will you stop being an apologist and get angry about what this Chancer is doing to our club?

I wept all my tears for this club in1975.

I now realise that there is more in life than Sheffield Wednesday and football in general.

If you feel so strongly about the state of the club, then organise  some thing to try and buy out Chansiri, because that is the only way he will leave, and then the most important thing in you life will be sorted.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’ve no idea how clubs are affording to shell out hundreds of thousands a week in player wages despite the lack of revenue. Most clubs in the championship were making a loss before the pandemic. 

Maybe they were fibbing all along, allegedly.

27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Again, purely a general musing, non-specific and more a brain fart than anything else...

I wonder how easy it would be for an individual or party to have financial interests and investments in a sporting club without that coming to light and being disclosed. Could such individual(s) hide in plain sight whilst their financial stakeholdership remain unknown? Especially if the narrative coming from the owner of said sporting club was constantly that they were the soul investor and financial contributor. Could other companies be used as a means of injecting funds... and if so, would the investors in THOSE companies have to be disclosed and made public knowledge?

I genuinely don't know, would be interested to know if someone more knowledgeable than I could provide an answer.

Silent partners