CONFIRMED

Guest Grandad
Just now, Owlinmad said:

What list ? I must have missed that as well, but thanks anyway.

21 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm making a list of all the Chansiri apologists

I will make that available to Owlstalk Admin after the Chairmans taken us bust - and you will all need to apologise publicly before you get to post on here again

You are just as much a problem as the Chairman

This one 👆

Guest Therealrealist
47 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My gut feeling is (and I have no proof to back this up), is that if Chansiri can't pay the bills and admin looms, there are "individuals" already involved with the club who will swoop and take us over. 

Same..the implosion of this club just seems too delibarate..stuffing and or other agency to buy dc out at a cut price??? There is something sinister at play here and i reckon the end game is near so we will all find out soon enough what this project is about..imo

any other job the players would be dismissed without pay . really would like to be there on saturday to give them 90mins of abuse along with that bloody pulis who can do one. as long as there all gone for next season and we get a decent attack minded manager in league 1 the 1st decent manager since big ron i could cope with league 1. thats me hoping or dreaming but very highly unlikely .

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Same..the implosion of this club just seems too delibarate..stuffing and or other agency to buy dc out at a cut price??? There is something sinister at play here and i reckon the end game is near so we will all find out soon enough what this project is about..imo

Agreed, except whether we will find out all the past history

55 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Just a general musing... no one look too deeply into it because I'm just speaking random thoughts that enter my mind... but I would imagine if one were so inclined, one could make a lot of money by attaching themselves to a football club and wealthy owner for a few years, acting as agent and advisor, broker for various deals etc. I would also assume that there are ways and means of capitalising on even disaster situations like stadium sales... if one were to position themselves correctly and know what points you can take a % or 2 here or there on any transactions.

Just a thought.

Heck, if you even had a lot of capital at the start of said venture, and you provided a % of funds as a means of investment, you could probably use that position as active stakeholder to do pretty much whatever it takes to get that investment back... with interest!

Again, just a thought.

This kind of scenario has troubled me from the beginning. The sh*t or bust policy of Chansiri's first couple of years was always a foolhardy gamble, but if he was essentially pushing all his chips into the middle of the table on the first hand then the words don't exist to describe how monumentally stupid that was. As usual, many fans rarely look beyond how much the club is spending and how many new players are coming in.

There has been a lack of clarity from the outset as to who was involved in the club's ownership, what their interests were and what kind of executive level structure was in operation. 

54 minutes ago, bobowl said:

This makes no sense. Why would Chansiri pay all that money for Pulis if he can't even afford the wages? We are in a pandemic, i will cut him some slack.

How many parts need to fall off the aeroplane before you start wondering if it might fall out of the sky? Ten year season tickets? Sale of club assets to shell companies? Failure to repay season ticket holders? Repeated stories about players not being paid on time or in full? Delays to publishing accounts? The stark difference in transfer budgets?

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm making a list of all the Chansiri apologists

I will make that available to Owlstalk Admin after the Chairmans taken us bust - and you will all need to apologise publicly before you get to post on here again

You are just as much a problem as the Chairman

Who was that one who was obsessive and VERY vocal just a few months ago that seems to have disappeared?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Again, purely a general musing, non-specific and more a brain fart than anything else...

I wonder how easy it would be for an individual or party to have financial interests and investments in a sporting club without that coming to light and being disclosed. Could such individual(s) hide in plain sight whilst their financial stakeholdership remain unknown? Especially if the narrative coming from the owner of said sporting club was constantly that they were the soul investor and financial contributor. Could other companies be used as a means of injecting funds... and if so, would the investors in THOSE companies have to be disclosed and made public knowledge?

I genuinely don't know, would be interested to know if someone more knowledgeable than I could provide an answer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Again, purely a general musing, non-specific and more a brain fart than anything else...

I wonder how easy it would be for an individual or party to have financial interests and investments in a sporting club without that coming to light and being disclosed. Could such individual(s) hide in plain sight whilst their financial stakeholdership remain unknown? Especially if the narrative coming from the owner of said sporting club was constantly that they were the soul investor and financial contributor. Could other companies be used as a means of injecting funds... and if so, would the investors in THOSE companies have to be disclosed and made public knowledge?

I genuinely don't know, would be interested to know if someone more knowledgeable than I could provide an answer.

Does that depend on where the company is incorporated.... different rules in other countries?