You are only as good as your worst player

Guest Whittonowl

35 minutes ago, Whittonowl said:

Tony Pulis—— plus previous coaches at our club. Cannot deliver because we’re only as good as our worst player. Discuss. 

You’ve been listening to Jamie O’Hara on TalkSHEEITE haven’t you.

If that’s the case we’re dropping down to non League with Joey Pissypussy and Joost VanVVanken in the side.... and that’s just for starters.

Guest Whittonowl

Exactly.    How are we supposed to succeed if we don’t have the players?   Blaming the coach achieves very little. ( I have been listening to talk sport well spotted)

Guest Whittonowl

Good point They could afford a Volvo team coach. We had a Bedford       But I still think we have a squad that can’t achieve 

Really not sure its that simple. So many good team's have average squad players in them. The Key is the balance between the good and the not so good. Also look at how Iceland did when beating England and the likes and the Greeks winning the euros. Not teams of great players but great organization and togetherness. 

• Like 1

When we thrashed forest this time last year, the only 2 players no longer here are Fox and Fletcher. Fox was roundly criticised on here regularly, so really that just leaves Fletcher....

It's a myth our players aren't good enough.

Maybe if we got a manager who trusted their abilities rather than trying to pack the defence every week and try not to lose it would be a different story...

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Carlos was successful with those players, also less than a year ago, these players were sat third in the table. Bad workmen blaming their tools, springs to mind

This is nowhere near the same team that Carlos had.. there’s only 2-3 of his regular starters still playing 

15 hours ago, Whittonowl said:

Tony Pulis—— plus previous coaches at our club. Cannot deliver because we’re only as good as our worst player. Discuss. 

Simply not true.

Put me in the Man City team and they would be marginally worse than Man City with ten men.

Which is a lot better than me